Forums

Help › Forums

This Game Cheats!

Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:08 AM (39 replies)
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 4:11 PM

This Game CHEATS !

on Bethpage Black I was even Par going to # 14.

I hit my drive to the center of the fairway and had  166 yds to the hole with a 10 mph wind supposedly at my back.

I used a 6  iron shot which can go 165 yds and put a small amount of spin on the ball which should have been to the center of green or just past it and I hit it perfect where swing meter says excellent !!!  only my shot traveled 130 yds and ended up in the bunker short !! EXPLAIN THAT !!!!

Its not the putting on WGT but the fact that certain holes are programmed obviously to put you into trouble and that gets frustrating!!!

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 4:46 PM

Stryder1261:

on Bethpage Black I was even Par going to # 14.

I hit my drive to the center of the fairway and had  166 yds to the hole with a 10 mph wind supposedly at my back.

I used a 6  iron shot which can go 165 yds and put a small amount of spin on the ball which should have been to the center of green or just past it and I hit it perfect where swing meter says excellent !!!  only my shot traveled 130 yds and ended up in the bunker short !! EXPLAIN THAT !!!!

I suspect you mean that you were going to #15; #14 is a par 3. If so, that green is something like 30+ feet above the fairway so using a club that only goes as far as the distance shown to the hole will never get you there.

If you use the search box to the right, you can find some helpful advice on how to play that hole.

• thedrhntr
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 12:30 AM

I think these games are fixed

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 4:41 AM

thedrhntr:

I think these games are fixed

You obviously don't think very much.

• bigdilba01
    219 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 6:36 AM

omg lol alacowboy

• PureWhiPlasH
    55 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 12:21 PM

My mom always told me when i was young that "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything" this would be one of those times!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 12:29 PM

Stryder1261:
    Its not the putting on WGT but the fact that certain holes are programmed obviously to put you into trouble and that gets frustrating!!!

By your example and ccrume's answer you might figure out that elevation plays a huge role here. It's in the programming. Yes, it does put you in trouble but only trouble you caused by not paying attention. That 165 iron does that on flat terrain. Now stick a big hill in the middle and all of a sudden your club's trajectory is interrupted-it only goes 130 because it hit the side of the hill. Sometimes taking a longer club will get you up there but then you have the problem of stopping the ball from running away. 

Turns out you're right about the programming. 

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 1:03 PM

YankeeJim:

absolutely true, lol - and stryder, if you haven't ran across it yet, the opposite happens on downhill approaches. The club of the exact hole distance will go way past the hole if it is severely downhill, you just gotta get used to looking for the grade to the green and adjusting as needed.

• thedrhntr
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 1:21 PM

Did you get your user name from BrokeBack Mountain!

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 2:12 PM

VanHalenLover:

YankeeJim:

absolutely true, lol - and stryder, if you haven't ran across it yet, the opposite happens on downhill approaches. The club of the exact hole distance will go way past the hole if it is severely downhill, you just gotta get used to looking for the grade to the green and adjusting as needed.

Nah surely not.  Isn't that far too like the real game???

Mick

RSS