That's It

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 5 2010 7:50 PM (31 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:53 AM

Soulcatcher:

SweetiePie:

The new awards are interesting...but need to be retroactive to make any sense.

It seems that some are and some aren't.

Yes. I feel like a fool. Just played 9 holes, 3 birdies-3 bogeys=37 new awards

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:57 AM

Soulcatcher:

SweetiePie:

Doesn't look like any of the current new ones are, maybe I'm missing something??

These are getting a little silly. They started out as real awards, ie accomplishments, goals, etc. Now it's almost like a stat tracker??

You're really missing on some obvious ones also. All fairways hit, all GIR and Fairways, boom boom's little cousin for par 5s.

That's just a few off the top of my head. But they are goal oriented, which a lot of the new ones aren't.

The whole award section is now so cluttered with "junk" awards it has lost some value in keeping track of them IMO.

edit... ok ur right Soul, once u play once it seems to activate ur previous stats on them.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 7:04 AM

No prob Ncviz......it is kind of fun having that many awards in one round......lol

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 7:10 AM

The criteria for the new awards make no sense (in terms of moving up in the awards standings) compared to the previous awards.

Country club feature allows a player to be a member of only 1 country club at a time.

Nice thought on the new awards and country club, but they were poorly implemented, IMO.

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 7:32 AM

marioh:

The criteria for the new awards make no sense (in terms of moving up in the awards standings) compared to the previous awards.

Country club feature allows a player to be a member of only 1 country club at a time.

Nice thought on the new awards and country club, but they were poorly implemented, IMO.

]

I concur...Cool features, but seemed like they were rushed at the expense of some other things.

• Iceats
    346 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 9:06 AM

YankeeJim - I agree but the 1 June date shouldn't be the release date, that's the date when the Virtual Open Championship and the USGA Virtual Championship starts.

These "bonus" releases obviously take time and effort away from those working on releasing the new courses which should be done long before the Championships actually start.

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 9:14 AM

ncviz:

Soulcatcher:

SweetiePie:

Doesn't look like any of the current new ones are, maybe I'm missing something??

These are getting a little silly. They started out as real awards, ie accomplishments, goals, etc. Now it's almost like a stat tracker??

You're really missing on some obvious ones also. All fairways hit, all GIR and Fairways, boom boom's little cousin for par 5s.

That's just a few off the top of my head. But they are goal oriented, which a lot of the new ones aren't.

The whole award section is now so cluttered with "junk" awards it has lost some value in keeping track of them IMO.

edit... ok ur right Soul, once u play once it seems to activate ur previous stats on them.

I must have missed the forums where the WGT public were demanding a whole new load of meaningless awards.  The previous issue was the low point in my time on WGT and this only makes a bad situation worse.  Enough already!

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 9:35 AM

The new awards seem designed to encourage folks who are starting out. Advanced folks can easily ignore them.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 10:06 AM

They need to come up with whiniest forum b__ch award.  They could hand out several after update and some 3 week old players cries because he/she didn't get what THEY wanted.  Nice job WGT, keep the updates coming, can't wait for the new courses.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 10:26 AM

JohnHancock:
    I must have missed the forums where the WGT public were demanding a whole new load of meaningless awards.  The previous issue was the low point in my time on WGT and this only makes a bad situation worse.  Enough already!

I, for one, am getting a little disillusioned by the new awards, new clique factories (CCs), etc etc...

How about expending all that time and energy into actually improving the GAME and not all the ancillary and unnecessary crap that has been pouring out of WGT headquarters...

There are too many awards as it is and not enough golf.  There are more problems in the general game play than there are needs of fluff, bells and whistles.

Pretty soon we're going to have the prettiest pig at the fair... but under all the makeup, it's still a pig.

RSS