Forums

Help › Forums

CTTH Master Tier Ranking - Part Deux

Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:14 PM (30 replies)
  • ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 8:12 PM

Week31 is up, and congrats to Mem11 on his 3rd win this year in the weekly!

Not many changes - moving up 1 spot were Middle4man into 5th, GolfSpieler into 9th and mefitz into 19th.

First time point getters were tograss, hoochlah and merlin42.

Wah wah on Kiawah this week. Get it close on #3 and you might just get somethin' goin'!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 7:03 PM

Week 32 is posted. Mem11 wins his 2nd weekly in a row, rock on baby! mefitz continues to climb, up 2 more spots to 17th this week.

simovoice scores a top 20 finish in the weekly for the first time this year.

One of my faves, Wolf Creek this week, home of the "I'm almost over the 3rd ridge, almost, almost, almoooost, awwghhh! 32 feet away again!" 3rd hole. Have fun everybody!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:40 PM

speedyschic, I hereby dub thee Wolf Slayer in recognition of your stellar performance this week - more than 15 feet between you and 2nd place - and your first win of the year. Congrats! You have 95 points and are in 21st place, BTW.

Yes, it's true, Week 33 is up and I know it's exciting, but please, please, contain yourselves! Or at least your elves, if you have any.

First timers in the weekly: GoldenUser, Turtle35 and thatcanadianguy. Way to rock it you monstahs!

Back to bee-yoo-tee-ful Edgewood this week where the air is clean, the water is clear and 9 straight dings will earn you golfing immortality. Or maybe just a CTTH win, but what the hey, go for it!

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 8:29 PM

This is the first time I have seen this post. Thanks for the "Wolf Slayer" title. I will represent with pride!!!!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Thu, Aug 26 2010 7:34 PM

Week 34 is posted and we've got speedyschic cracking the top 20, and AaronTDF and elvinomepego both moving up a couple of spots. The oh so consistent Middle4Man makes the Weekly Top 20 for the 31st week in a row and takes over 4th place. And we've got a first time winner in the weekly, GoldenUser, outstanding!

First timers in the weekly top 20 are Walter67, rcowper545, crazyhorse75 and thunderbird. Nice going!

This week is my PineyHurts, musta been somethin' I number 8. (Yes, I'm being silly and don't worry, I don't really know what it means either.) But I do know the winds are cranked up and it is brutal out there. Good luck everybody!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:51 PM

Week 35 is up and we've got Mem11 posting his fifth win of the season, very nice! elvinomepego moves up a spot into a tie for 11th.

First time point getters: luisba, JDB42 and Sniper236. You go, people!

Back to Wolf Creek (so soon!), and I'm expecting for some low scores! Later...

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 7:31 PM

Last week's split of Masters into multiple tiers forces me to make a decision about how, or if, to proceed with this competition. The options I see are:

1. Continue as a Legends-only competition.
    2. Post last week's results and end the competition.

Making it Legends-only, I'd certainly feel bad for the players who, like myself, put the time and effort into this and were no longer eligible to compete without advancing Tiers. On the other hand, ending it so abruptly is not fun for anyone. But I'm not sure I'm willing to put the effort into tabulating stats for a competition I'm no longer eligible to compete in.

I'll consider opinions and comments here or on my wall before deciding.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 8:36 PM

Hey it was fun while it lasted, I'd go ahead and end it. Thanks for your effort, it certainly made the weekly CTTH's more interesting.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 2:00 PM

With so many of the better players in the tour master tier it doesn't seem much fun or sense having a competion which excludes them. It just isn't the same competion  now as before the split. Anyway whatever you decide I want to thank you for all your hard work, it was always a motivation trying to squeeze into the top 20.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Tue, Sep 7 2010 3:34 PM

I also think that, unfortunately, it has to end. It`s been a great run til now but it just wouldn`t be the same excluding any of the players.

Thanks again for your time and effort. :-)

Maybe if someone was really motivated, they could do the same for the top two and/or three tiers separately. ;-)

RSS