Forums

Help › Forums

CTTH Master Tier Ranking - Part Deux

Wed, Sep 8 2010 6:14 PM (30 replies)
  • ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:19 PM

Week 25 is complete and iwb1 continues to thrash our collective hineys. jhr1968 pulls off a win, first of the season, and yes, that is awesome baby! adeypa moves up a couple of positions to solidify a spot in the top 10 at #8.

First time appearances in the weekly top 20 for bbacchus, pdubu5 and OwenCrew.

Beautiful Edgewood this week, so bring yer cameras!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 7:56 PM

Week 26 is up and we are half way home. jhr1968 wins for the 2nd week in a row - nice work there! Wins are getting harder and harder to come by as the competition stiffens. The top 10 is unchanged and CarlosSainz moves up 3 spots to a tie for 11th with a sweet 2nd place finish.

First time top 20 finishers in the weekly were Husker81 and Fahad911, good goin'!

No update next week, I'll be on vacation and won't have the stats with me.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Mon, Jul 19 2010 8:28 PM

Week 29 is up! Sorry I missed the Week 28 update, I had work/life catch up to do after my vacation.

GolfSpieler moves up 4 notches and cracks the top 10. Some minor moves in  the top 10, but not too many changes in the 3 weeks since the last update.

First time appearances in  the weekly comp: Week 27: CoachGiff, RRWyattEarp and glenwatkins. Week 28: speeedyschic, deko33 and wawatay. Week 29: bceagles01 and crgade. Boo yah baby!

Lots of shouts of "Stop! Stop! Stop! Staaawwwp!" as the balls roll out forever at St. Andy's this week. Restart. Restart. Restart. Own the frustration!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Wed, Jul 28 2010 7:04 PM

Week 30 is up and there are no changes in the top 10. Elsewhere, mefitz gets a foothold in the top 20, sweet!

Gotta admit, I was a little concerned when I checked in Sunday and iwb1 was in 9th place, but he came through like the butt-kickin' champ he is and took 1st place in the weekly, his 10th win of the season. Saaaa-lute!

First time point-getters in the weekly were mao69, BirdieButton, JayWilder, accord2010 and ebaz72.

St. Andy's #2 this week. Four wedge shots, you get to use your putter once and only a couple of tough holes, let's see how low we can go!

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 12:45 PM

ThreeSpot:

Gotta admit, I was a little concerned when I checked in Sunday and iwb1 was in 9th place, but he came through like the butt-kickin' champ he is and took 1st place in the weekly, his 10th win of the season. Saaaa-lute!

Thanks for your concern.

Its was looking like a bad week for me.  Only by chance I gave it one last go before going to work on Monday morning . I even think the server had decided to take pity on me, dealing out optimum wind directions on the holes where it really matters. Even with that I nearly blew it with a little bit too much miss hit on 5, but the ball managed to get on the green. Nailed 6 to within 1' against a head wind so I think the 2 holes evened them selves out.

And again thanks for the salute.

• TEESHOT4
    17 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 7:26 PM

ok whats with the new format???????? and I don't see  St. Andrews as a single player.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 10:45 PM

TEESHOT4:

ok whats with the new format???????? and I don't see  St. Andrews as a single player.

Hi TEESHOT4,

This thread is devoted to a year long competition where points are awarded to the top 20 finishers in the weekly Master level CTTH tournament. Check out the first post in the thread for details. If this doesn't answer your question, let me know and I'll do my best to tell you what you want to know!

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Thu, Jul 29 2010 11:08 PM

iwb1:

Its was looking like a bad week for me.  Only by chance I gave it one last go before going to work on Monday morning . I even think the server had decided to take pity on me, dealing out optimum wind directions on the holes where it really matters. Even with that I nearly blew it with a little bit too much miss hit on 5, but the ball managed to get on the green. Nailed 6 to within 1' against a head wind so I think the 2 holes evened them selves out.

I'm glad "just one more try" worked for you, nice recounting of it!

And... Aha! I just knew someone besides me was following this thread, lol. Feel free to post here CTTH'ers, the agony, the ecstasy, the pain, the almosts, the shouts of unbridled joy when you hear the heartbeat of closeness on the 9th hole and for that one glorious, incomparable instant life is just sweet as punkin' pie. Let's hear it!

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 3:19 AM

ThreeSpot:

Elsewhere, mefitz gets a foothold in the top 20, sweet!

Woohoo! Sweet indeed. :^) I had recently forgotten and lost interest in this, probably because of the Virtual Opens distracting me, and also given up hope of reaching the leader-board. It looks as if I may have done so through the attrition of others (despite my own slacking)but I`ll take it ;D.

Thanks for all your time and effort in this ThreeSpot, it adds a little "kicker" to the CTTH comps and this site.

• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 8:40 PM

Glad you're enjoying the comp, mefitz. You're right, there are some players who have stopped competing - tibbets just dropped off the leader board this week - but hey, top 20 is top 20!

RSS