Forums

Help › Forums

beating the dead horse

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 26 2010 1:44 PM (27 replies)
  • longball2006
    60 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 8:39 PM

Neil, physics and geometry aside...Why do dings only err to the left if they err at all?  Don't you find that strange?  And yes, I am fully aware of where I am aiming, and taking to account the wind direction and speed.  I wasn't born yesterday.  And I do have to admit...upgraded golf balls make a night and day difference.  Even though I said I would work my way up with the free ones.  Especially at master level, you would think a "ding" should start on its intended line 75% of the time, no?

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:26 AM

Longball, are you saying for every 100 dings you hit, less then 75 of them go where intended?  I get that pull ding every now and then, but no where near 25% of the time.  Take it in stride though, everyone is playing the same game, so everyone experiences some inaccuracy.  I know its a game, but the whole throwing bullseye everytime style like TW games is so not a challenge, its so far from anything close to golf.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 9:04 AM

neildiamond11790:
    Take it in stride though, everyone is playing the same game, so everyone experiences some inaccuracy.

The "beast" strikes everyone... so, remember kids,

It's not a BUG, it's a FEATURE!!!

Have a nice day!     

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 9:14 AM

damn skippy.

snaike, 3 avatars in 4 days, you having an identity crisis?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 9:48 AM

neildiamond11790:
    snaike, 3 avatars in 4 days, you having an identity crisis?

Probably... lol.

Trying to find one that will help me with these new sticks.  Tried everything else so I might as well switch up the avie, too....  (at least you won't see any half-naked women on mine, well... not yet anyway!)

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 10:01 AM

Gotcha, thought the feds might have been getting to close.  Anyway, nice pic of a red dwarf star (it appears) with some serious flaring.

• longball2006
    60 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 11:46 AM
    Heck...I can't even string 5 dings...unless it is a one footer...lol. The 25% is a guesstimate. On one positive, I guess I miss it pretty good. Don't seem to have the wayward misses compared to an occasional wayward ding. I always had in flight control on TW...rarely ever played straight up.
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 1:44 PM

Snaike:

The "beast" strikes everyone... so, remember kids,

It's not a BUG, it's a FEATURE!!!

Have a nice day!     

^^^^^right up there with CLEAR YOUR CACHE!  LOL

Snaike,

Not always the case.  I understand fully the feature vs bug argument.   The g10 master irons which are supposed to be the most precise are riddled with bugs from 7-9 iron.

Recent examples,

9iron.  Hit it full 130 no spin into 17mph headwind and uphill 23 feet.  Ball traveled 136 in the air. 

8 iron.  Hit full 145 full BS with 12 tailwind.  Ball went 119 yards and was dinged.

7iron.  Hit full 160 no spin with 3 tailwind.  Dinged and ball goes 141.

(These are just a few examples but I see these happen regularly)

I've been playing around with the i15s and haven't seen the first thing to compare to this.  Can't ding them as often so I've yet to make the full time change over but there are DEFINITELY ghosts in the machine my friend.

The built in deviation factor, a.k.a. The Beast, is supposed to be a sliding scale (% of total length of shot).  This means the longer the shot, the more likely a large deviation.  Short irons are only supposed to deviate @3-4 yds tops on pure shots and I regularly see them deviate as much as 10-12yds and many times against the wind on dingers.  Recently I've even seen a few dinged putts go against significant break.  I know there are liar greens out there but these were putts I have had at least 100 times each if not more.

After playing nearly 1600 rounds I know this game pretty well.  The servers do play a part IMHO too.  Was tracking deviations a few months ago and saw nearly 35% more deviations on PSJ servers compared to WGTGT over a 1 month span.  Meter is bad on all of them but I believe most of that is in my machine.

PS.  Thanks for bringing back my drunken post about the Site Police in your tribute to SP.  Got quite a kick out of that.  :)  Happy golfing or posting or whatever floats you're boat my friend.  friendly jab

RSS