Forums

Help › Forums

beating the dead horse

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 26 2010 1:44 PM (27 replies)
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:04 PM

u guys ever gonna fix the gross inaccuracies in the clubs? Just wondering.. 

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 9:09 PM

What are you having the most trouble with. Your scoring avg is in the top 10%

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:59 AM

Well yesterday I noticed (on one shot in particular) I hit a little left of perfect. It was actually touching the strike line, and the ball went at least 40 yards left. This happens quite a lot. If I hit like, quarter inch off, then yes it goes off line, but usually not much. It seems like the closer it is to the line, further off it goes. With exception of a dinged shot. using the g10 irons, but it would also happen with my pro v2 raptures. Seems a little strange is all.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:26 AM
    MrBoo... I had that happen yesterday, as well. I believe it was on St. Andrews, #6, on my approach to the green from the left side of the fairway. Close to dinging the shot and it went dead left, out of bounds! Couldn't believe my eyes, so I hit the same shot again. Same result. I've had similar happen before but could usually attribute it to a severe sidehill lie. In this weird case the sidehill lie should have sent the ball to the right, not the left. Probably should have turned in a report at the time but I was busy digging in my bag for more golf balls, and my flask to take the sting out of the situation...
  • neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:24 PM

Guys, not saying what happened to you is not a game error, very well might be.  Can I ask you guys a question or 2?  What yardage out were you (roughly) when the mishit occurred?  And, did you adjust the aim of your shot?

The reason I ask those is I had the same problem arise on Kiawah #3, and St Andys a few times and Bethpage #13 when pin is in the front.  What I discovered is that mostly this is due to the camera angle and that angle was deceiving my line.  It only happened when there is a raised ground in front of my shot.  Like Kiawah #3.  Hit a good drive, got down the hill, had that rough, mulch area in between me and pin, have about 65 yards to green.  When I adjusted the arrow from the regular camera view, i was assuming the direction was correct, but what happened is that when I moved the triangle to compensate for the wind, it would go from a 65 yard target, to a 22yd target.  So the triangle was aiming at something very close.  It looked fine because of the camera angle, but the spot was actually at a much greater angle compared to where I was thinking of. 

Its hard to explain but think of it this way, the pin is 65yrds out, you aim lets say 10ft right of hole to compensate for the wind.  Draw a triangle from you to the pin, pin to the aim mark on green, and then back to you, the angle created from you to the pin vs you to the aim mark is small.  Do the same triangle to that point you think you are aiming where the aim mark is only 22 yards away, the real angle is much greater, meaning if you continue that aim line, your real target at 65yds away is much further away from the pin.  Not sure if I am explaining this correctly, but the camera angle makes it look like you are aiming at the direction but closer spot, but its not.  Try only using the overhead view to aim your mark, I did and I havent had that error.  Like I said earlier, you very well might be in spots that there is a bug.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 4:36 PM

We have a thinker and how correct he is.

CSC

• longball2006
    60 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 4:49 PM
    I disagree...If the aim point is on the flagstick, a pull is a pull is a pull. We do not have lie variances that I know of yet, and I brought this up some time ago. I have dings fly further left than mis-hits...I have also NEVER had a ding go right. There is an error somewhere.
  • cuddlepuppy
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:14 PM

Nope they'll never fix it, they're making too much money gettin the rich (like in real life) golfing premadonna's to buy their equipment. I myself can do a respectable game with regular grade clubs (in real life) not so with this game or any other internet golfing game.  Like someone pointed out, they don't make money giving it away. So Adios Internet Golf, for your greedy pockets will not get my money. So sad that sites like this ruin the golfing experience for regular people. Guess your rich snobs can have it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:03 AM

cuddlepuppy:
    So sad that sites like this ruin the golfing experience for regular people. Guess your rich snobs can have it.

LMAO-I'm broker than you, cp and the little I spend here goes a long way to feed the golf fix. I, too, can shoot a decent round IRL and this game has actually helped me there. If I knew my RL clubs like I do these here I'd be mashing something fierce and If I had any kind of money the first thing I'd grab would be one of those Sky Caddies.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:38 AM

cuddlepuppy:
    Nope they'll never fix it, they're making too much money gettin the rich (like in real life) golfing premadonna's to buy their equipment.

No one denies that golf is a rich man's game, even in a virtual world. Who would've thought.

RSS