Forums

Help › Forums

new ball distance

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 20 2010 1:10 PM (4 replies)
  • mrjohno
    3 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 10:06 PM

i bought new XD balls that supposedly add distance, but my yardage on my clubs read the same. how does that help if i dont know how far these balls go?

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 2:11 AM

Yes - Pain innit

Problem is IRL balls don't have how far you can hit them stamped on them and this sim tries to be as realistic as possible

The distance your clubs show are the average sort of distance with the standard ball - I think.  The D balls hit around 10 yards longer or so but that also depends on the clubs you are playing and how high they hit to how far the balls roll

Just like real life you have to get out there and hit balls.  Yes we badly need a driving range or something but we are assured that is coming, so for now just do a few practice rounds to get the feel

Mick

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 8:36 AM

micklen:
    Just like real life you have to get out there and hit balls.  Yes we badly need a driving range or something but we are assured that is coming, so for now just do a few practice rounds to get the feel

I dunno Mick.. what's gonna happen when we get a driving range and start smacking around the purchased balls just to watch them disappear to too many hits?!

Now, ~THAT~ would cause an uproar.  lol

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 8:40 AM

Snaike:
    I dunno Mick.. what's gonna happen when we get a driving range and start smacking around the purchased balls just to watch them disappear to too many hits?!

Good point - Good point - And what about if you hit a real bad one out the range - Lost ball??????

Mick

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 1:10 PM

mrjohno:
    i bought new XD balls that supposedly add distance, but my yardage on my clubs read the same. how does that help if i dont know how far these balls go?

Your club rating typically includes the roll at the end to get there. The XD balls will have your shots landing at the rated distance and rolling after that. 3-5 yards is what I usually see.

A quick comparison-go to any fairway and hit an iron with the free ball. Listen for the "thump" on landing while watching the yardage meter. Then do the same with your XD ball.

RSS