Forums

Help › Forums

New clubs....why ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 23 2009 7:50 PM (30 replies)
  • Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 7:39 AM

Let's see.... you're a Hack...maybe an Amateur. You have the ability to shoot under par and you want new clubs why ? I don't see any reason to get new clubs. But like many Sunday fair weather golfers, they all want the latest and greatest.

Spend the time and effort on the game. Real trees that actually stop or redirect the ball. More realistic shaping of shots. Better performance and consistantcy with the swing meter. A new 9.

But just in case that can't be done right away... can we at least get some silly head covers and coloured balls from the pro shop, a foot wedge, and beer cart girls please !

• JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 8:03 AM

The new clubs in my bag aren't nearly as forgiving as the pre-beta clubs. If I don't hit the swing meter dead solid perfect, my drive is so far off line I'm guaranteed a bogey-plus round. I guess one can get used to anything, but I'm not happy with this change. Love the game, hate the clubs....oh, well, at least it's free.

• chuzeme
    7 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 10:09 AM

Won't be free for long my friend!!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 10:13 AM

We've been told the sensitivity is being addressed.  Just sit tight while they work through it.

It will always be free.  Chuzeme, try reading the forums instead of just spouting off incorrect information.  They've already said that not all of the clubs in the future will cost money.

• chuzeme
    7 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 10:58 AM

I wish to hell you would quit worrying about me! Your worse than my mother!!

• Noodon
    56 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 6:24 PM

That is the best suggestion I have heard yet...."Beer cart with hot girls"....WGT guys now thats a suggestion to upgrade to!!!!!

• DustyBalls
    41 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 6:54 PM

I agree that the new clubs were a great addition, but as it was stated before , if you are off from dead on, your ball is lost more than usual. I understand that this is a new idea and product and I am sure this is being addressed by WGT. We have had issues in the past and these guys have come out on top as far as meeting our needs and taking heed to our suggestions.

It is a little more difficult than before, maybe a little more frustrating too, but while we still have a great place to meet our buddies and shoot a round, lets just give it a shot.

Good luck all and hang in there, brighter skies are ahead. Thanks WGT !!!

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Sat, Mar 7 2009 7:02 PM

In making the clubs more consistent and not "spray" all over the place it has shifted the result of the shot to be more dependent on the performance of the player.  This had the unintended consequence of making the game harder.  

We are working on a solution to bring the difficulty back in line.  And yes, we all agree beer carts would be nice!

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2009 8:04 PM

not opposed to the beer cart idea.......the skill being on the players shoulders seems about right to me...get new clubs and learn to use them.  my opinion of the game still stands regardless. still realistic....still beautiful !  can'f get enough. can't wait for more. keep up the good work. don't change a thing !

• zbar
    10 Posts
    Thu, Mar 19 2009 3:01 AM

christ almighty i hope new clubs give you a shot at reaching par 5's in two sometimes.i did it all the time as a hack but at amateur status  its soley on your putting.ur lucky to reach a  par 4 in 2. and yes  beer cart with girls is a good idea  and i think a strip joint in the club house would be nice too ,. you can tip them with credits.lol  the dancers can help you with your stroke.

RSS