Forums

Help › Forums

12/04/10

Wed, Apr 14 2010 8:54 AM (40 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:45 PM

Heh, yeah it sure didnt sound like the usual minor Server load but it sure did seem server communication related and quite severe which I thought WGTNiv confirmed in another thread.  To be honest I am not sure what effect a memory leak would have, it seemed to effect communication hence the pauses and a quick search reveals that the OS can hang with a leak which would also cause pauses and overall slower response time, thanks for the clarification

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:52 PM

jayjonbeach:
    To be honest I am not sure what effect a memory leak would have

Oh man, it's a bad thing. If ignored it leaks through the ceiling onto all the people's stuff on the floor below and wrecks everything. Big lawsuits follow and it gets nasty. Bad thing, those memory leaks.   ;-)

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:57 PM

Jay,

Usually I'm not a big fan of Wikipedia, but this article explains what a memory leak is in both technical and layman's terms.  Interesting read anyway.  Click here to get your learn on. =)

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 3:57 PM

YankeeJim:

What about the back 9 tiff?

Didn't even get that far Jim. I got another freeze on my 2 and a half footer for double bogey, stormed off the course in a barrage of expletives and kicked the neighbours cat off the balcony. It's true what they say about cats landing on their feet though, thankfully. Pity they're not so good at avoiding buses.....

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:20 PM

tiffer67:

YankeeJim:

What about the back 9 tiff?

Didn't even get that far Jim. I got another freeze on my 2 and a half footer for double bogey, stormed off the course in a barrage of expletives and kicked the neighbours cat off the balcony. It's true what they say about cats landing on their feet though, thankfully. Pity they're not so good at avoiding buses.....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 4:34 PM

Me too!  

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 7:02 PM

Removed IE and downloaded Mozilla Firefox on a whim.  It worked.  I've been able to play 3 Multi-Play rounds...... I still get the usual meter sticks,pauses, and jumps... but hey... that's better than a complete screen freeze...lol.  I may be premature here, but I will continue to play on Mozilla.  Wonder why IE is not responding to the game?

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Tue, Apr 13 2010 9:48 PM

aceydeucey:

Removed IE and downloaded Mozilla Firefox on a whim.  It worked.  I've been able to play 3 Multi-Play rounds...... I still get the usual meter sticks,pauses, and jumps... but hey... that's better than a complete screen freeze...lol.  I may be premature here, but I will continue to play on Mozilla.  Wonder why IE is not responding to the game?

IE basically sucks. If you've tried other browser surely you'd notice how much slower IE is than all of them.

Google chrome has been working very well for me. I happen the think it's even a more reliable platform than firefox. Just my opinion though.

One thing I have noticed in google chrome... don't use the incognito mode while playing WGT.. it will load a little slower.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:57 AM

I have just started using Chrome and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with it so far, looking forward to shootin some low scores in my cat skinned slippers today.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:52 AM
    Tiff....I have big feet, my left one is flopsy and the right one is mopsy.
RSS