Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2010 - USA WIN !

Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:46 PM (538 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 2:50 AM

TallAcePaul gets my vote with Yoban as his Vice Captain.

• lfclegends
    20 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 4:11 AM
    yep. Paul for me. Great player and a true gent.
    1,644 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 6:28 AM

After the terrific job he did last year, there is no other I'd like to see leading us to victory!

+1 For Paul!

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 12:34 PM

I'd like to take the opportunity to thanks all my friends and the players who have voiced their support for me to put my name down for the captain of the International Team.  Up till now I have not taken a step forward as I was waiting for TallAcePaul to make the decision whether he'd be going for the job again after his great performance last year.  

So I'm very happy to hear that Paul have put his name down and I for one will support him all the way as I feel he'll lead us to win the Cup this year after being so close last year.  I'm looking forward to the qualifying and will do my best to earn a spot on the International team.  The experience from last year's Cup was one of the best moment I've had on this site.  All that was missing was the feeling of winning the cup and I feel real positive that this year is the year of the International Team !

Thanks to Seveking for running this tourney again, and I'm sure it'll be even better than last year ! I feel real excited about it all and only wish that it'd start sooner ! Good luck to everyone in the qualifying !

GO THE INTERNATIONALS !!

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 10:19 AM
    Everyone is of course welcome to support any of the candidates on this thread, but remember that simply doing that will not count for anything, you still have to vote for them when the elections start on the 1st of May.
  • villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 6:26 AM

sorry to others players, but i think that Paul would be the best captain of the rest of the world, in my opinion, of course

• bigdilba01
    219 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 6:36 AM

im absolutlely pumped for it

i vote for tallacepaul hes the man and a great guy

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 1:59 PM

Thinking about it i too think the experience paul got last year will go a long way to help us win the cup this year,so  seveking can you withdraw me as one of the candidates for captaincy.I will of course do my best to qualify for team but whether i do or not the international team will have my full support.Good luck all.

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:48 AM
    Well... only TallAcePaul remains as World candidate. If things stay like this, elections will not be necessary for the Internationals. How lovely! Can you imagine how much work that will save me from? :)
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 10:08 AM

Thanks guys for the support my head is starting to whirr into action, hold on a minute better sit down :0

Right, everybody looking to play this comp has to understand a few things

Its a very,very high standard

There is more pressure playing in this than any event other on WGT, because when you lose you not only lose for yourself but for the team. Believe it or not this makes it the most nerve wrecking comp around.

Getting games organised can be difficult, you have have have to be flexible. There is no point entering if you have 2 x 1 hour windows to play each day, it will not work. Most games end up taking place late at night or early morning be prepared. Also if you have a 2 week holiday booked during the tourney period that's bad news.

The above point is particularly relevant to the International team as we are spread out. So if you are going to go for a place, if there other good players in your region and time zone encourage them to play, its much easier organising 2 time zones than 3 or 4. 

Its a great tourney and I would encourage all to enter, last year we had live commentary on mirc of some of the games and it was fantastic entertainment. 

If I do get the job I will start fairly soon to sound people out and start getting people motivated to qualify.

This time we will win.

RSS