Forums

Help › Forums

Posting Every Score!

Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:13 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:48 AM

This is a commentary that contains my opinion on this matter....Your mileage may vary.  

I see many redundant posts by many members here strongly urging (more like instructing) new members to be certain they post EVERY score.  I would like to offer an opposing viewpoint....  This is a video game.  Different people derive pleasure from it in different ways.  If a players idea of fun is to see how low he can get his average, then good for him/her and more power to them.  I understand that most of you are trying to help eliminate frustration for the new player which is commendable, but you sometimes come off as instructing people on how to play the game correctly.  Posting each and every score is your opinion on how to play the game correctly.  Stop projecting your version of the "rules" on to everyone else.  Peer pressure is not cool.  WGT does not consider quitting high scoring games as cheating.  It is not against the rules.

If playing in this manner adversely affects a member when they try to compete in tournaments or match-play, that's on them, isn't it?  If you want to insist that a player is truthful with themselves, perhaps you can petition WGT to add "quit games" into the status and stats page of the member.  Until then, let them play this game how they would like to play this game......not how YOU want them to play this game.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 8:09 AM

I personally don't care if people post all their scores, some of their scores, or none of their scores.

I do care when people with artificially low scores whine on these message boards that:

1)it's too hard from the master tees

2)due to 1, everyone posting good rounds in RG's and tournys must be cheating

3)there needs to be a even higher tier than the master tier so that they can "compete" in the various tournys

4)they want to move back to the Pro tier

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 9:09 AM

marioh:

I personally don't care if people post all their scores, some of their scores, or none of their scores.

I do care when people with artificially low scores whine on these message boards that:

1)it's too hard from the master tees

2)due to 1, everyone posting good rounds in RG's and tournys must be cheating

3)there needs to be a even higher tier than the master tier so that they can "compete" in the various tournys

4)they want to move back to the Pro tier

Agreed.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 10:27 AM

This is a situation of personal preference with the key word being "artificial". I prefer real in most all things over anything artificial.

• TarheelsRule
    5,477 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:17 PM

I have stopped caring what people do in terms of posting scores.  I try to post mine and finish as many rounds as is possible.  I tend to prefer natural over artifical too SP.  I tend to believe the same people who don't post are the same ones who post scores on the real courses that include 5 mulligans, 5 gimmes and a few foot wedges.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 1:32 PM

TarheelsRule:
    ...the real courses that include 5 mulligans, 5 gimmes and a few foot wedges.
    Don't forget the 'Provisionals', too.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:34 PM

I post every score...just not here.

They get posted at Jaunita's, a local chick's biker bar.

She's the founder of the Sybian Angels.

A rather ruthless group but they do enjoy the ride.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:44 PM

To post or not to post .... that is the question .... whether tis nobler to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune than to take arms against a sea of ....

LMAO .... sorry william ... i couldn't help myself ...

erm .... juanita

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 6:58 PM

[A very overrated monologue, gotta say... Never understood in the least what was supposed to be profound about it.]

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 26 2010 7:06 PM

BOFFMEN:

I post every score...just not here.

They get posted at Jaunita's, a local chick's biker bar.

She's the founder of the Sybian Angels.

A rather ruthless group but they do enjoy the ride.

If your good fortune runs thin or you find yourself in want of a different spice, you may wish to upgrade to a bowling alley.

• PAGES
RSS