Forums

Help › Forums

Re: game disconnects

Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:53 PM (35 replies)
  • TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 6:38 AM

yeah Mid-March is when all the disconnect problems happened to me too.  Amen to AtlantaCoaster. 

I keep checking these posts every week hoping that a WGT programmer will apologize and look into the situation and stop blaming the players computers but NOOOOO, just deaf ears.  *** sad and super gd frustrating.  If I want to get super pissed and break a mouse or laptop computer, I would just log onto FullTilt poker.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 7:21 AM

AtlantaCoaster:
    Something is NOTICABLY WRONG with this game functionality since about mid-March.

One player's (or several players') experience isn't universal experience. I've played extensively since mid-March and haven't noticed the functionality issues you mention. And I only play multi-player rounds, often with 4 players, which are supposed to be even more vulnerable.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:00 AM

TurkishTerror:
    Im going to transfer you my remaining credits Snaike so you can then go to the Pro Shop AND PURCHASE A LIFE!!!!
    Cool!  More credits for me!!  Maybe I'll start a duplicate account, too!

In all seriousness, though, I really thought you were done with this site, TT.  I hear that you can play Rush Poker on FTP with all the fake money they can give you.

btw, in case you didn't know, trying to skirt the obscenity filter by intentionally misspelling words that would normally be censored is due cause for termination of your account.

Terms and Conditions:
    WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:

• Use racially, ethnically, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise offensive language or images.

This list of prohibitions is an example and is not complete or exclusive. ... WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) reserves the right to terminate your access to your account, your ability to access and post to the Site or to receive the services with or without cause and with or without notice, or for any action that WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) determines is inappropriate or disruptive to the Site...

Something to think about, eh?

• TurkishTerror
    2,177 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:11 AM

LOL, your a trip.  Do abbreviations count too

"you can "BE DONE WITH THIS SITE!!!" and just GTFO."  - Snaike.  

Practice what you preach and go purchase one of those golf girls at the pro shop with your credits.  God knows it sounds like you need one!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 11:24 AM

I know!  I keep asking my wife to get me one for my birthday!  Ah well, guess I'll just have to pull an Eldrick.  Problem is I don't have enough credits.  I guess I'll just have to wait for the ones that you're going to send me.  I do hope it's enough... 

And to answer your question, no.  What does "WTF" mean?  See anyone write it out lately?  Nope?  Didn't think so.  How about "RTFM"? 

"STFU" probably would be an issue, though.  Depending on the moderator and the context....  You'll have to ask them.

Good luck on FTP and remember, don't go "all-in" unless you got the "nuts".

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:53 PM

As Faterson alluded to earlier in this thread, there are many many games that are successfully completed each and every day.  While a handful of users may be experiencing disconnection issues, the vast majority are not.  If it was a sitewide issue and thousands of players were losing games every day then we'd need to check into our end of things, but that's not the case.

We know about and have acknowledged the multiplayer disconnection issue with St. Andrews that causes the blue screen.  That is a universal issue that affects all players when certain circumstances are met.  That can be easily tracked down and solved since it affects everyone.

When you try to resolve technical issues the one thing you have to look for is common links.  Flash & Browser caches are a common link and that's why we always go there first.  The WGT client is not a common link, because as mentioned before, plenty of users play successfully every day without any issues.

Unfortunately the very nature of the Windows platform means that just about every user has a unique PC.  Every PC has it's own software, it's own components from a thousand different manufacturers and those can all cause their own unique problems.  If that were not true, we wouldn't have the PC vs Mac commercials.  If it's not affecting everybody equally then it's likely not an issue with the code since the code is exactly the same for everyone.  If a problem arises it is likely resulting from the PC's execution of that code from the user-end and since every PC is unique errors can occur for some folks and not for others.

We have no interest in blaming users, but the nature of tech support dictates that if it's not a universal issue that is affecting everyone or a specific group of people (all Firefox users for example), then it's very likely to be on the users end.  I've personally been using a PC for 20+ years and almost every time I've ever had a problem with anything it was a result of something on my machine that needed to be adjusted or reinstalled.

You can help us find out what's happening on your PC by submitting in-game bug reports when disconnects and other types of errors occur.  We can look much more closely at things and see where the problem is occurring.  If you are not submitting bug reports then it's unfortunately very little help to us.

I'm locking this thread now since it's usefulness has run it's course.  If you are still having disconnection issues I would recommend sending a detailed email to members@worldgolftour.com so the CS folks can look at each case on an individual basis.  They'll be glad to try and offer assistance if you're willing to offer as many details as you can surrounding the issue.

In the meantime we will continue to examine the issue and see what, if anything, can be improved from our side and we do apologize for any inconvenience while we get everything and everybody sorted out.

Thanks for listening and understanding.

RSS