Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Free golf game?

Mon, Jun 3 2019 9:39 PM (43 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 2:01 PM

gregbubba1248:

I hope you understand that every video you watch and anything else they want to look at or subscribe to adds you to someone's watch list and the spam and phishing list.

It is a trap to make you venerable. 

That's simply not true. It's fine if you want to believe it. But as someone once said, while you're entitled to your own opinions, you're not entitled to your own facts. 

Similar to Callaghan, I've been playing the videos to earn credits for over 4 years. Over that time span, I've seen zero increase in spam or phishing to my main email accounts. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 2:03 PM

gregbubba1248:
    Gee wiz y'all just jump to the conclusion I am a teenie.

No one is going to assume that someone who types in all caps is a teenie. Jus sayin. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 2:09 PM

HalHoff:

Credit videos on mobile have disappeared with client update today.

Not for me - they are working fine.

• HalHoff
    819 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 2:18 PM

Videos currently working on android, iOS had a forced client update, not working on Apple products

• ssaunderss
    469 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 3:38 PM

We will se if they return to IOS.  But I guess if not wont be playing much longer. Just to cheap to spend 7.50 for 3 fake balls.  I can find cheaper entertainment.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 3:57 PM

Just as an aside, if you are looking to upgrade equipment / performance, consider an upgrade to your wedges 1st. Short game is very important to advance in skill level, you can get 'em close with starter drivers/ hybrids from your tees, but, an upgrade to wedges will serve you well with holding the greens & reducing DTP. 

Says the guy with 19ft DTP, lol.

Doc :)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 5:53 PM

ssaunderss:

We will se if they return to IOS.  But I guess if not wont be playing much longer. Just to cheap to spend 7.50 for 3 fake balls.  I can find cheaper entertainment.

1.  They are working on my iPad.  They did stop later on my iPhone but not the iPad.

2.  You can get very good balls for less than 750.  Try the Cally L33s or L35s, if you have not yet.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 5:55 PM

drmoose:

but, an upgrade to wedges will serve you well with holding the greens & reducing DTP. 

Says the guy with 19ft DTP, lol.

Doc :)

Applies somewhat to me too, Doc, but just think what it would be with lesser wedges!!! LOL

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 7:05 PM
    Then don't buy expensive balls. The balls I'm currently using are 4.50 a sleeve, which is about I spend in real life. And they do the job just fine.
    ssaunderss:

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 9:24 PM

Custom balls are bread and butter business for the company - I see them as a self-imposed entry fee.

With the prices mentioned, the "fee" is 0,45 $ or 0,75 $ per nine hole round, at maximum. Is it worth it for you? Your choice!

RSS