Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Free Dotty

Sat, Dec 15 2018 11:03 AM (159 replies)
  • TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 1:51 AM

Only knew Andy for a short time while he was at SEL, I found him to be honest and authentic. I like someone who's not afraid to speak their mind, especially if they do it with style and wit... that was Andy... A real shame that he's gone, WGT will be worse off for his absence.

#freeAndy

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 2:59 AM

I would certainly miss him if he doesn't come back, although I reckon he will.

He is one of the few on here who doesn't write as part of a group, he just responds to posts in the way they deserve and does it with intelligence and wit.

I don't really understand why his account would be disabled as he was already in moderation for "an innocuous joke about my lack of ability to satisfy 2 women at once ( well I thought it was funny )"  so if he posted something I missed after this, why did a mod let it through?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 3:28 AM

Damn, that really is a shame.  Andy was certainly on the edge a lot of the time but he wasn't alone in that.

It's a pity when not being afraid to express your opinion and true feelings is frowned upon.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 3:51 AM

Another case of PC at it's worst. Andys' contributions to the community, and the forums, will truly be missed. Who's next ? I guess we'd all better be good lil' sheep an' keep our opinions to ourselves. Very sad indeed.

Doc :(

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 3:55 AM

Ways of saying things in a given time and place, but no stone throwing from me on that also note to self:) 

I most certainly missed whatever it was for this one and fwiw I would like to see his return.

A respected social scientist said along the lines "PC is the elevation of moral posturing about sensitivity over truth".

SJWs would do well to factually study what speech control actually really does to a society, not just rant their latest PC notion because their Happy Meal never had the toy they were expecting.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 4:50 AM

Just for clarification folks...

Under heading "thanks for having me"

"Account disabled for about the 7th time  (rofl)   Not even going to bother fighting it this time....really just about ready to find something else TBH.

Knew before I sent the last E-mail to CS that it would bring things to a head....I quote part of reply "...was offensive and uncalled for"

Sometimes easier to be pushed than to jump  8-) 

Take care all...

Andy

One of my replies...

"Not sure why disabled anyway Andy. 

Yes moderated but even then you ain't been out of order on forum and if you were then it would not or should not pass mods.

So disabled....God knows.

Unless you sent a mouthful to CS to ask to be off mod ?"

..........................................................................................................

But under search he aint there, still not sure why, and im hoping he comes on our proboards and i can get him to battle on.

Andy didnt play much in club, but i knew why. When under moderation he thinks "why shoud i". But what he did play he enjoyed......he was even unlucky to partner me in our Ryder Cup match......oh, sorry, we won and i carried him ;-)

Hopefully i/we can flush him out ;-)

It wont be for lack of trying ;-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 5:20 AM

bubbsboy:
    But under search he aint there, still not sure why

It seems fairlly clear.

bubbsboy:
    Knew before I sent the last E-mail to CS that it would bring things to a head....I quote part of reply "...was offensive and uncalled for"

I reckon he'll come back if/when he wants to.  It seems fairly pointless banning someone forever for what wgt interpret as abusive e-mails, they could still be sent a variety of ways. He's done nothing wrong in the game so why not let him play it if he wants to?  Not that it sounds like he will for a while.

bubbsboy:
    Sometimes easier to be pushed than to jump  8-) 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 6:07 AM

drmoose:

Another case of PC at it's worst. Andys' contributions to the community, and the forums, will truly be missed. Who's next ? I guess we'd all better be good lil' sheep an' keep our opinions to ourselves. Very sad indeed.

Doc :(

As many have said, moderation is subjective at best. One mod can be fine with a post while another will place you on moderation...very frustrating. Lots of posts have been worse than Andy's (or others currently under moderation), but it solely depends on who the mod is reviewing them that day.

When I was on moderation, I would get a slap by one mod for a post another moderator just let through...go figure that one...lol

ct

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, Dec 6 2018 6:58 AM

Life is too short for all this, So Andy has said something to upset somebody or it may have been taken out of context, Andy is a good bloke and speaks his mind, You may not always agree with him but that is a good thing right? 

Just take him off Moderation and let the bloke back...

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 11:03 AM

Has Alan been let out of the dungeon yet??

RSS