Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Topgolf Australia not far away

Thu, May 24 2018 1:57 AM (32 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 10:04 PM

alanti:
    And good to be back out the box Andy......but I feel like there is something around my ankle lol

Hear ya man...felt stifled my 1st few posts back, after what I was told a life ban = CT'ed ;/

Sent a flippant e-mail to CS saying "any chance of some clemency, it's been nigh on a year" ..then lo and behold..next post went straight through !?!!

Stopped myself getting into fruitless arguments lately,

Swear most posts ( just my way of speaking as if we in the pub )

I think maybe it's us posters and a new MOD / Company, getting to know each other ?

And realizing that profanity, can be used in jest ?

Either way, my behaviour has changed...think twice now, instead of jumping in feet 1st ;))

Less stressful all round TBH..You're like me, without the ability to express ones point of view on this Forum....the site becomes worthless and a non entity.

The 'Sword of Damocles' cannot stop a post if we feel strongly enough though.

There was an oft used saying about 5 years ago here.."I don't agree with what you say..but I'll fight for your right to say it"..Summat like that ;))

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 11:08 PM

alcaucin:
    The 'Sword of Damocles' cannot stop a post if we feel strongly enough though.

And isn't that the truth......funny though - I thought I would be sitting in the naughty corner a few times......then when I said something innocuous the sword fell. Perhaps a culmination of black marks......

alcaucin:
    There was an oft used saying about 5 years ago here.."I don't agree with what you say..but I'll fight for your right to say it"..Summat like that ;))

Ahhh these were the days, now the PC brigade are listened too......and we could never hurt anyones feelings could we?

Heck, you could even have a full on argument with a Mod back then......then there were the unbelievably dim people posting why is the game so difficult despite carding a 59 first game on the day they joined.......or what happened to their other accounts......

But players had fun as well, and were generous with helping others......good times.

Sure, lines are sometimes crossed, as in every sphere of life......isn;t that how we evolve? By pushing boundaries.........

That said, my behavior has changed......possibly for the better (if the Mods are looking.... definitely for the better).......I no longer respond to those single digit IQ posters......after all sarcasm is wasted on them......whoosh straight over their heads....

Perhaps WGT/TG also realize, that the forum is part of the allure for some players, take that away, they leave or play less.......Whether you speak Spanish, English, Greek, Russian or Japanese....money usually breaks those barriers lol.

Edit - To the OP, sorry for sidetracking the TG post......lol
  • Breezybaby1811
    366 Posts
    Thu, May 24 2018 1:57 AM

alanti:
    Edit - To the OP, sorry for sidetracking the TG post......lol

That's okay, its been sidetracked in a sort of nice way, not trolly at all.. Thanks, and welcome back :)

RSS