Forums

Help › Forums

Topgolf Australia not far away

Thu, May 24 2018 1:57 AM (32 replies)
  • ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 7:54 PM

pmm711:

Scotty, It appears you completely missed "the joke" here.  Basically...going to TopGolf for a driving range is...well...like getting f'd and paying for it bigtime.  I'm just going to write this one off as not understanding a little bit of off color, good 'ole American humor,  Peace out, Paul

No mate, joke received, understood, and appreciated.  With risk of starting a humour off, I fear the understated Aussie version has been lost in translation.  To be fair to you, mine is often drier, and even more understated than most, and sometimes doesn’t translate well digitally (hmm, perhaps I should say electronically...).  Maybe I should add emojis in future.

All good.  Play on!

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 1:42 PM

Deany6969:
    nyway time we tell but I think you will may be surprised on the support it receives from locals as the Gold Coast has a huge golfing community. 

Don't get me wrong - I hope it does well.

i agree on the growth, and basically north is the place to expand, partially due to access to the M1 and easy(ish) access to Brisbane or the GC and partially as there is room to expand. Prices are also cheaper than traditional growth areas.

For a part, give me 18 holes followed by dinner and drinks in the clubhouse....maybe I am old....and gimmicks do not entice me.

• bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 3:26 PM

Was gonna post this in the cc forum for y'all to chew on Alan then saw this thread.....fitting lol.

My wife and I enjoy taking the kiddos to the San Antonio Top Golf location.  Food is good, beer is cold and we aren't there long enough for the kiddos to tire out the way they sometimes do on the real course.  On the last trip I saw a cap that caught my eye as we walked in the door.

Then I looked at the $37 price tag and thought, "who the hell pays $37 for a cap?!"  Problem was I then saw the back of it.....

......hell fire, told 'em to add it to my bill lmao!

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 3:55 PM

bigcountry317:
    ......hell fire, told 'em to add it to my bill lmao!

LMAO BC.....had I known that I would have called TG....said double the price and I will take a commission.

A very valid point when taking kids.....having said that, my kids loved "pitch and putt" par 3 courses that are around over any driving range....but this offers the whole family an outing.....

Now I am off to invent a line of something......called BC....they say there is a sucker born every minute lol.

• bigcountry317
    4,269 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 5:05 PM

alanti:

...they say there is a sucker born every minute lol.

You know, I was thinking exactly that as I put the cap on and walked up to the 3rd deck lmao!

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 6:05 PM

bigcountry317:
    You know, I was thinking exactly that

Been there, done that.......and sadly will do it again. I have said :what a rip off.....can I have one please".

Call me a slow learner lmao.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2018 8:55 PM

Be interesting to see how it goes. I'm on the Sunshine Coast and we are spoiled for choice when it comes to golf courses. So it's pretty easy to just go and play golf. I hope its a raging success, golf needs to keep bringing people into the sport. The more the merrier.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2018 1:36 PM

Lutjanid:
    golf needs to keep bringing people into the sport.

A really good point mate. And as BC said ^^^^^ he takes his kids along, and this could be a fun, non traditional way of introducing families to the game.That is a win win situation.

I agree with you on the Sunshine Coast.....you are spoiled for choice for courses - from cheap to damned expensive lol. 

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2018 3:05 PM

what part of oz is the sunshine coast alan,i thought it was all sunny lol,not like damp poor old liverpool

cheers       mark.

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Tue, May 22 2018 5:21 PM

thegoosebag:
    i thought it was all sunny lol,not like damp poor old liverpool

LOL aye, Liverpool can be cold and damp.....oh and lets not forget the wind blowing off the Irish Sea.

For the record, the Sunshine Coast (north of Brisbane) usually lives up to its name.

RSS