Forums

Help › Forums

Topgolf Australia not far away

Thu, May 24 2018 1:57 AM (32 replies)
  • Breezybaby1811
    366 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2018 11:13 PM

Australia's first Topgolf venue supposed open June 2018 on the Gold Coast.

Had a look today and it looks good, will be very interesting to have a look at this when it officially opens.  Have asked Topgolf when the grand opening is, so far no answer... but it looks nearly finished, does anyone know the opening date?

• LMD01
    92 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 12:11 AM

I have noticed its close to completion.  unfortunately I'm not getting excited. it will be priced for tourists!!   not for locals to use for a different type of night out on a regular basis.. hopefully I'm wrong thou.. 

• Breezybaby1811
    366 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 12:34 AM

LMD01:
    it will be priced for tourists!!

Everything on the Gold Coast is priced and oriented towards tourists.  We went to Paradise Country down there today, and there was a translator at one of the shows translating into Chinese.  Made the show twice as long.. lol

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 12:44 AM
    LMD01:
    it will be priced for tourists!!   not for locals to use for a different type of night out on a regular basis.
    I read about that in the GC Bulletin a couple of years ago when I was there....to be based next to Movie World.

The location will not entice locals, just the tourists who are used to or are willing to pay inflated prices.

When I visit the GC, I try and play a couple of courses, some are expensive, some good value.....I would rather play a real course than a gimmick range.....but that's just me. A TG Range would not entice me.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 4:09 AM

LMD01:

I have noticed its close to completion.  unfortunately I'm not getting excited. it will be priced for tourists!!   not for locals to use for a different type of night out on a regular basis.. hopefully I'm wrong thou.. 

Maybe they will have resident discounts, like Disney in Florida

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 1:01 PM

Here’s the pricing for the TopGolf location closest to me in Atlanta...

https://topgolf.com/us/memberships/

The one in Centennial, CO operates pretty much the same way.  You can see they want you to purchase a 3-month or 6-month membership and these memberships offer unlimited golfing (well driving range) before 3pm so retired folks who live close to one benefit most. (Or folks who take advantage of gofundme ;-/).  You can see they also have a family membership plan for the summer when kids are out of school.

These are upscale driving ranges...just look at the Corporate Pricing Plans.

BEWARE:  A date night here will easily get you in the $100-$150 range...yes...for a driving range with a bar inside.  

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 3:40 PM

pmm711:

Ummmmm...I’m referring to the way the ball releases on the green.  But you’re right, a lot depends on the grade of the particular green.  

LMAO....you have made my day at work.....Monday blah morning

• Deany6969
    18 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 3:41 PM

Mate I got to disagree with you I live on the Gold Coast and the location is ideal, maybe years ago everyone thought movie world, dream world etc was outta town. The fastest growing area of the Gold Coast over the last decade is basically surrounding that area. And it's easy to access on the M1 from either North from Brisbane or Southern Suburbs. And where else would they put it, surfers paradise lol 

I think we should be supporting anything to do with golf in Australua and all my friends and golf mates are already planning birthdays and other functions to be held there. For me this will beat going ten pin bowling or barefoot bowls gatherings, so bring it on I say.

Anyway time we tell but I think you will may be surprised on the support it receives from locals as the Gold Coast has a huge golfing community. 

• ScottyAKing
    175 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 5:31 PM

pmm711:

BEWARE:  A date night here will easily get you in the $100-$150 range...yes...for a driving range with a bar inside.  A hooker is cheaper...and with her you get a guarantee. 😂

Geez mate, I dunno what sort of date nights you go on, but none of mine have ever involved hookers!  I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have a fair idea of the reaction I’d get if it was suggested.  Call me a coward, but I think I’ll stick to dinner and a movie!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, May 20 2018 6:34 PM

ScottyAKing:

pmm711:

BEWARE:  A date night here will easily get you in the $100-$150 range...yes...for a driving range with a bar inside.  A hooker is cheaper...and with her you get a guarantee. 😂

Geez mate, I dunno what sort of date nights you go on, but none of mine have ever involved hookers!  I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have a fair idea of the reaction I’d get if it was suggested.  Call me a coward, but I think I’ll stick to dinner and a movie!

Scotty, It appears you completely missed "the joke" here.  Basically...going to TopGolf for a driving range is...well...like getting f'd and paying for it bigtime.  I'm just going to write this one off as not understanding a little bit of off color, good 'ole American humor,  Peace out, Paul

RSS