Forums

Help › Forums

Topgolf Australia not far away

Thu, May 24 2018 1:57 AM (32 replies)
  • bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 6:46 AM

Well that's probably why where I live in NE England is the...

"Blarn a hooly an rain lashing off ye fyas coast"

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 8:12 AM

alanti:

thegoosebag:
    i thought it was all sunny lol,not like damp poor old liverpool

LOL aye, Liverpool can be cold and damp.....oh and lets not forget the wind blowing off the Irish Sea.

Eeeeeyaaa kiddaaaa, my formative years spent in......wait,

No, actually you're right, thinking about it..

LiverFools a s.hithole.....

tho I am biased, only went there to shop and be imprisoned. :D

Across the water is where u wanna be..the beautiful sunny Wirral Peninsula !!

Edit..nice to see you back Al, place not the same without you.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 9:36 AM

They say the rainy Northwest for a reason.

As an expat who calls Sothern Sydney his home from London I do enjoy the sunshine.  Winter here is a breeze and arguably the best golfing weather as dry season and a temperate 18C at worst really, during the day.

Generally, most of the houses are not even built to cope with our winter (7C nights), but a real modern house would be better.

I do not miss the UK winter.  I will say the lead up to Cmas is more Cmas in the UK and personally I never really noticed the fact it was cold and dark and wet because of being winter until after that. Jan Feb and March was a bore..

Nonetheless, the countryside on good days and sheer sense of where you are I don't think we can hold a candle to here. 

Good friend of mine owns a pub in Kent (Garden of England).  Walk out of a picture perfect beer garden, along a public right of way that has been such since Anglo Saxon times can be picture postcard personified there.  Stand at the White Cliffs and look toward Calais with a pint of Spitfire Best inside you:)  Oz can't do that bit, LOL ..........

Differences and of course my mind's eye remembers more Harry and Meghan days that it should, but when it's nice the UK countryside is as good as it gets anywhere. 

EDIT: As for TG the Gold Coast is undergoing huge development.  Some of that good and some plain tacky, same as anywhere........TG does well, great.  As far as this game goes it's been not what I was looking for.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 10:02 AM

Jimbog1964:
    but when it's nice the UK countryside is as good as it gets anywhere

Indeed Jim...

The green, green grass of Home..

Never fails to impress.

If only it were fookin SUNNY !!

But then there would be NO green grass...( sigh )

Why we 'up sticks' , travel the World on a quest to find the perfect spot ?

Spain ATM is a nice 'HUB'...see myself in the USA for retirement.

Prob California..toyed with Florida for a while...but would like easy access to a Spanish speaking zone...IE Central / Sth Am

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 1:03 PM

alcaucin:
    see myself in the USA for retirement.

Thanks for the warning Andy. : )

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 1:20 PM

bubbsboy:

Well that's probably why where I live in NE England is the...

"Blarn a hooly an rain lashing off ye fyas coast"

I feel fa ya man ;))

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 1:21 PM

mrcaddie:

alcaucin:

FU !!! 

;D

• craigswan
    30,950 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 1:39 PM

I have a mate who worked on some pipeline for 6 month's on an island just off the australian coast .

His best comment - Doesn't matter if it flies , crawls or walks it is trying to bite you .

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 8:39 PM

alcaucin:

mrcaddie:

alcaucin:

FU !!! 

;D

PMSL

I once spent a bit of time in the Ozarks (midwest in case there is another)...Pretty as a picture and super people.  Have to be on the list if I ever get the choice:)

craigswan:

I have a mate who worked on some pipeline for 6 month's on an island just off the australian coast .

His best comment - Doesn't matter if it flies , crawls or walks it is trying to bite you .

Did he wash? :)

Without knowing where it is one very huge lump of mainland...........Fair share of critters per climate variation that's for sure.  They do tend to be more scared of people.  OK go splashing around the first tropical waterhole you see a salty might do what they are good at........

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 23 2018 9:21 PM

alcaucin:
    but would like easy access to a Spanish speaking zone.

Ever been to Miami?...........just saying......and I think it is in FLA.....:)

Edit: I agree, we are all in search of Utopia........I have lived in many countries, traveled too much and unless you are on something (probably illegally) you ain't going to find it....and if you are on something....then just wait till you come off that high.....because in reality, it will be the same old chithole.

The closest to Utopia any of us will find is making the most of where you are.....

And good to be back out the box Andy......but I feel like there is something around my ankle lol

RSS