Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Upcoming Features

Mon, Oct 12 2009 1:54 PM (65 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,492 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 8:42 AM

Good updates, taking the pin out is good.  I would love to see more stroke play courses, unfortunately you picked a course that while it has a great tradition it isn't a great course anymore.  I would have much preferred Turnberry, Troon or even Carnoustie in place of St Andrews.  Nice to see Pinehurst on the list although I wish it could have been on the stroke play and why not #2.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 9:21 AM

Yeah!! I love it. But when are they planning to be released? November, December? Hopefully in November! I am finally glad that WGT finally took the time to listen to our suggestions, (and bugging the crap outta them, for new courses! lol :) ) But this is now immpressive.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 9:23 AM

there's a few nice things here.  but when its all said and done is the ability to pull the flag stick, pay for some new balls that spin, new awards or mulit-color friend user dots gonna keep people around for the next couple years until a new stroke play course is released?

a new stroke play course isn't even on the 30-60 day time line.  LMAO!  not excited at all about st. andrews but any new stroke play course would be nice... i hope i'm still around for those.  i'll probably be way much more into PGA Tour on Wii by then.

it wouldn't surprise me at all if "certain courses" have some exclusive deal with "other" games.  let's face it... EA sports is totally dedicated to gaming and protecting their market share.  As good as WGT is... i don't really think the parent company (the people with the money) ever thought this would be any good... let alone a long term product.  Whoever holds the purse strings either doesn't have much to put into WGT, or just won't for other reasons. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 10:13 AM

One item that slipped my mind that would provide new variety and, I believe, could be implimated right away is the speed of the putting surface. We currently have wind variables from low to moderate to heavy, but the greens are always slow. Is there not also medium and fast to be added to the mix to provide more variety in conditions?

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 10:17 AM

Please don't mention stuff like that SweetiePie - you'll only give them ideas. My putting is bad enough as it is!

Sean

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 12:07 PM

I find myself fully non-plussed. The only truly good thing on the list is another stroke play course, and that is vaguely hidden behind the Usual "some time soon"(suckers,bah ha ha). All the rest on the list could be accomplished by a twelve year old computer whiz-kid in a week. Seriously, all this "fluff" and NO MEAT. I`ve often found myself wondering if there isn`t some physch 101 kid at Berkley sitting there pushing control buttons(the beast) and duly noting the players reactions for their report.Phsych-op (out) indeed! No mention of any fixes for obvious and well known BUGS! Or is that in the same ol` "we`re working on it" list. Your priorities or lack of them are truly showing. I`m growing very tired of the vegetarian diet here. Give me some meat to digest ( I like my steak rare with garlic!)pony, horse, or even a donkey! It would be a nice change! This list is only placating so many people and maybe that was the only reason. So be it. I`m not placated with my expectations of this site, which is fantastic But, if it`s really going to Progress, then get going and stop playing games(no pun intended)! If I say any more I`ll just be reitterating. I had high hopes for this site at one time but you`ve managed to take the wind out of my sails. I`ll try to enjoy this game for what it is( just another video game) and remember that I shouldn`t take it seriously(like the potential ground-breaking inter-active realistic,etc. game that it seemed to be). Oh well! GL. and thanks for the "games".

• HigherThanYall
    51 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 12:50 PM

I think its crap that they put on the list another way for them to accept other payments...thats carp give us more course'sand may-b a driving range...then worrie about getting money...

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 12:54 PM

#1 Stroke play @ St. Andrews

#2 ability to insert reason for declining invite(this is a needed feature as it would eliminate feeling bad by simply clicking decline, furthermore it would increase speed of declination in that one would feel free from the guilt of hurting feelings.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 1:10 PM

Ok... so I'm new here... heck... haven't even played a multiplayer game yet, but I have a comment/suggestion none-the-less.

Because of all the aforementioned possibilities of having to leave a multiplayer game, can't the "Reputation" designation simply be changed to a "Dependability" one, or something less presumptive? When "Reputation" (or "Character", for that matter) is used to describe someone, it is usually (in other forums) used for reasons that aren't "internet connection-reliant", if you get my drift.

I think the shot-shaping (fade/draw?) features should either be an option that can be enabled/disabled, or only available to masters, or "near masters"(low average pros). There will be ALOT of players P.O.'d because of lost balls if fade/draw becomes a factor w/o option, and IMO, WGT will suffer an early exodus of many frustrated players. Granted, it will also be a money-maker for WGT, "nickle-dime-wise", but long-term, I think it will hurt those that don't have the level of control that is afforded the higher-tiered players with their better clubs, etc... just something to consider.

I know it wasn't mentioned in the list, so this isn't really the thread to suggest something new, but as long as I have your ear (eye): Put a "Club Pro" section in the forums. There, questions can be asked specifically of the better players to help with newb, as well as technical queries.

I'd like to play Oakmont too... I know... drive the 10 miles from home and do it, right? lol

I like that improvements are being made, and that we've been involved by WGT with this discussion thread. Good work!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 26 2009 1:36 PM

To donsprintr, bluescouse, PugsAce and possibly others:

Of course the new Reputation rating to track quitters must be implemented properly. Implementing it properly means distinguishing between voluntary & involuntary disconnections. How can you do that? Very, very easily, and it's been mentioned countless times on many quitters threads:

If you need to leave a multi-player round too soon because real life, work, or computer problems interfere – no problem. Simply make sure you finish that round later on, on your own. WGT's server is, by default, storing your game status in case of an unwanted interruption. If real life or work interfere, simply leave your multi-player round by storing the game status, and complete the round later on, on your own, when you again have time for this golf game. It's all easy and simple, and will take care of quitters who only quit a round to join another round immediately afterwards, quit it again, etc. etc., in an endless spiral of destroyed multi-player games.

So, WGT simply need to ensure that a player's Reputation score will only be lowered if a player refuses to individually finish the interrupted multi-player round later on. It will be the free choice for every player. This arrangement will then be 100% fair, and the Reputation score will be 100% accurate for every player.  Dobre!

The main thing to say for the moment, though, is that WGT deserves a big round of applause for showing commitment to reduce the amount of quitters in random multi-player games:

BravóBravóBravóBravóBravóBravóBravó

PugsAce:
    Put a "Club Pro" section in the forums. There, questions can be asked specifically of the better players to help with newb, as well as technical queries.

There already is a forum section titled Equipment and Avatars. This looks like it might be suitable for the purpose you suggest.

RSS