Forums

Help › Forums

Re: IM Boycotting EA Sports

Wed, Mar 23 2011 8:27 AM (41 replies)
  • madden0001
    59 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2011 8:17 AM

Worst case, Im sure WGT could probably get some middle of the road coarses to sign up and probably pay for most of the building just to have their courses advertised.

I like EA for the visuals but their gameplay is typically geared for middle schoolers.  My favorite example is the difference between the FIFA series and the Winning Eleven series.  FIFA had all of the bells and whistles but the gameplay was always a joke.  Winning Eleven didnt have the rights but they made a superior game. So, it doesnt surprise me about Tiger Woods.

I can admit Im hooked on WGT and I don't want to lose it.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Mar 23 2011 8:27 AM

madden0001:
    Worst case, Im sure WGT could probably get some middle of the road coarses to sign up and probably pay for most of the building just to have their courses advertised.

Good point. This would seem to be true especially for the resort courses, which depend on sales. Many of them are great courses, and lavishly praised, even if they lack that final distinction the USGA or R&A championship courses have, but which are generally very private clubs that do not need or want additional interest from the public.

RSS