Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Need help! What is the best browser?

Mon, Feb 27 2017 12:29 PM (23 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 1:41 PM

Have had no problems here with Maxthon and Win10. Works just the same as it did with Win7.

MainzMan:

I've been a Maxthon 3 fan for years, since TBE posted about it here in fact.  Ah, it's sad to see some of the big names of old have abandoned the game.

Anyway, back on topic.  I've always had a very good meter with Maxthon, right up to the time I upgraded to Windows 10.  Since then it's very hit and miss, one shot the meter is smooth as butter, the very next shot it's like a dead pig falling down an escalator.

Anyone else seen this and found a solution?

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Apr 1 2016 2:09 PM

K7JBQ:
    Have had no problems here with Maxthon and Win10. Works just the same as it did with Win7.

W10 caused, and continues to have many issues for many.

And to be honest....

What you and I find meter acceptable for scoring, is Poles apart.

No offense intended.

Andy

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2016 10:25 PM

I played a round with an old friend last night who suggested trying the newest flash version, since I was sticking with trusty 11.5.502.110 that has always worked so well.

And I have to say, with 21. something the meter is miles better.  It appears Maxthon with Win 10 works with the latest version installed.

Andy, sorry to hear of your Win 10 woes.  For me the switch went seamlessly, apart from the meter issue that is now fixed.  I wasn't keen on the tablet style presentation but a program called Classic Shell gave me the old start menu back.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Sat, Apr 2 2016 10:36 PM

That is for you to find out.

For some it is x+1 , for you it might be x+2

Try them out and figure out what works for you.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 1:15 AM

MainzMan:
    Andy, sorry to hear of your Win 10 woes.  For me the switch went seamlessly, apart from the meter issue that is now fixed. 

Never upgraded..or should I say "downgraded"..

As said on 1st page......"if it ain't broke"

They won't let it go though..every time I fire up, damn message pops up to get W10...

can't get rid of it either...on right side of taskbar...tried right clicking etc but no option to delete..grrr  ;-))

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 1:37 AM

There is a way to permanently get rid of that taskbar icon Andy, I can run through it with you if you like, but you have to pay close attention.  : )

Go to Windows Control Panel / Programs / Programs and Features.

In the left pane, click on View installed updates.

You will need to locate and uninstall Update for Windows (KB3035583).

If your computer is set to automatically download and install updates, this will keep coming back. So I would suggest that you change your Windows update settings to check for updates but not download or install them, that way you can check to see if this update is in the updates available list, then you can untick it when you install any other updates.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 1:44 AM

For me it is Comodo Dragon but not an up to date version. The newer versions of Comodo Dragon uses Pepper flash so I use a much older version. Mine is version 29.0 and it loads very fast and has a very smooth meter. I use either SRware Iron( also an older version) , Comodo Ice Dragon or Maxthon Cloud as a back up. For forums I use Pale Moon 64. Never use the browser I play with for anything else. 

• HorsheinNumcok
    33 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 4:40 AM

Thanks for that tip on Comodo v29.0. The meter is the smoothest i've ever come across.

PS Is there any way to remove the white address bar in the game client as that would just make it perfect.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 5:59 AM

borntobesting:

Never use the browser I play with for anything else. 

Think this may be the key in keeping the game running fairly smooth in what ever browser works best for you.  Many many others can be downloaded to do the everyday surfing.

I don't even visit the forums or main page, with the browsers I use for gameplay.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 3 2016 4:35 PM

ScottHope:
    There is a way to permanently get rid of that taskbar icon Andy

You da man. TYVM for that.  :-)

RSS