Help › Forums

Re: THE BIG MATCH BETWEEN LEGEND AND LITTLE GIRL

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 19 2010 3:11 PM (38 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 11:33 AM

SGTBilko:
    yeah, I could not imagine the looks on their face when they saw the meter, breaking mach as it goes by.....

If they had either Ping or TM satin wedges it would make the transition a little better. But most of them if they do buy wedges buy the next level WGT wedges. But I played the starters last week and used the Tour GI-S ball. I almost fell asleep waiting for the meter to get to the ding mark. But the what was harder to get used to again was the lack of precision and  larger increments of the starter putter. 

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 12:15 PM

yankee, defend the 90 level,60 avg, low score for 9 25, winner of many trophy. THIS MAN SHOULD HAVE WON BY 25

He wanted match because HE DID NOT WANT HIS STROKES COUNTED, STUPID

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:15 PM

Congratulations - you lost .... a perfect response.

This is a perfect example of people who complain all the time that 1) it's the equipment that makes people good at this game and 2) If you can afford it anyone can play great.   That is not the case and I'd like to take my shot at explaining why.

1)  Equipment makes people good .... to some degree this is true .. the equipment helps people play better.  That's no doubt and no one I play with disagrees with it.    That is the beauty of the VIRTUAL EQUIPMENT MODEL .... (i.e. VEM) ... which WGT uses.    You can practice for months with the starter clubs and you will only do so well.   When you upgrade your VIRTUAL EQUIPMENT you will do better.   Upgraded clubs/balls work better than the level below.  Different VIRTUAL EQUIPMENT does different things.     1 driver goes 250 .. another goes 280 ... 1 has spin the other has more spin ... etc. etc.   That is how this game is built ... it is NOT meant for everyone to use starter clubs forever ----- and yes ---- it costs money to get better.   If everyone played free - there would be no WGT.    In fact doing well with the starter clubs is more luck than skill as the precision & forgiveness ratings are non-existant.   This is what VEM is .. it's not some magic that makes your meter jump or causes errant shots .... it's the model the game is built on.   Unlike others I've played which allow you to get better the more you practice.  This is equipment based.    However if you don't have the ability to use the clubs ... you will never shoot under par.

2)  If you can afford it anyone can play great.   NOT TRUE ... I can afford it ... I have bought the better clubs ... I have played as much as anyone on here ... but I just can't get better.   I consider myself a pseudo-legend ... got stuck there at the update but even with the best equipment I'm stuck at about a -2 to -4 for 18 hole game.    As any real golfer who plays WGT will tell you there are so many variables for each shot.   Wind, Back/Top spin, how the spin is effected by the wind.  Where the ball will land, into a slope, on a downslope, where you want the ball to land to line up your putt, etc. etc. etc.   So many things the clubs can not effect ..... I wish you can just buy a game but you can't.    As far as what I've spent.   Let's put it this way.   It's cheap entertainment.   

Anyway just my 2 cents ... nice WIN Jake ... well done.    

And X ..... Just remember it doesn't matter if you win or lose ........ Until you lose :)

• Bigfoot49uk
    59 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:28 PM

Sometimes it's just wiser not to start a thread..............................

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:29 PM

Thx for your support all.  Glad to have this one behind me. 

Lou, you hit the nail on the head regarding precision.  4 very easy missed putts that I struck perfectly and would make 95% of the time missed badly.  That just doesn't seem like skill to me.

Anyway was very fun to stick my neck out and hopefully this individual will converse with a bit more grace in the future.  I think the muzzle got applied by WGT.  This whole thing had been eerily reminiscent of stepping in a giant pile of wet dung.  I try to walk a lot faster but still can't escape that putrid smell following me around. Think it's easier to just throw those shoes away  :)

If you're not tired of this circus yet, keep checking my wall.  Pretty funny stuff my friends.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:39 PM

jakestanfill7:
    Anyway was very fun to stick my neck out and hopefully this individual will converse with a bit more grace in the future.

Don't bet on it. 

This clown tried to get something going by responding with a typical spot of ignorance to a thread over a year old before he scored with this one!  He's a bitter old man with something to prove that he doesn't have the tools to. Classy action on your part, Jake. 

p.s., Horrors, I think I'm a clone of Lou.   :-D

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 1:45 PM

x1524807:

Well the big match finally came off, and he tried to get out of the match by making outlandish demands, wanted money to play, and after 15 minutes i finally got him to tee off. He tried to switch to match, hoping that his strokes would not show, and after another 10 minutes he finally played. Well the super hero with a 60 avg did a 37 for 9, which is  his best with the crutches, which was 25, so I guess the crutches are worth 12 a side, lols

After the match he tried to claim that he played for the first time with regs, and wanted another go. I explained to him that I had to go, but he should practice with regs, and get back to me, and he refused.  NOW TELL ME, IF YOU CAN PLAY WITH SUPERS, WHY CAN'T YOU PLAY WITH REGS. and the answer to that is, A BIG FAT LYING EXCUSE

Final score, little girl 38

legend 37,

If this doesn't define NO CLASS, I don't know what does.

What you SHOULD have said ...

Jake accepted my challenge and played me straight up with  the same clubs that I use every single day... low precision clubs  that he hasn't played with for ages. Jake gave up any distance/spin advantage and made me eat my words.

And to the WGT community, I apologize for constantly shooting my mouth off in the forums about things that I know absolutely nothing about.

That would have shown some class.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 3:09 PM

It did show class Jeff .. Low Class.

Now the person is leaving notes on Jakes home page ridiculing his family.  So much for golf being a gentlemen's game and etiquette right ???

What really show total ignorance is this person also said Jake uses a cheat putter (i.e. his upgraded putter.     How can anyone be cheating when WGT not only provides but  encourages you to buy the upgraded putters.  IT's NOT CHEATING WHEN YOU PLAY BY THE RULES OF THE GAME.  

Once again - that is how the game is set up with the VEM (Virtual Equipment Model).   

1. Start off with starter clubs from the red tees
    2. Get better - move back / faster greens - buy the appropriate clubs
    3. Get better - move back / faster greens - buy the appropriate clubs

I wonder at times how people actually survive in our society.   Oh well ... 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Dec 19 2010 3:11 PM

Please take this contest off the forums. Thanks.

RSS