Help › Forums

Re: How do you "shape" your shots?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:05 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Chunkey1
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 11:35 AM

What do you have to do during your shot to intentionally make the ball fade or draw?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 11:52 AM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/222990.aspx

Use the Search box for just about anything you want to know.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 12:00 PM
    There's no true fade and draw yet in this game but by hitting either side of the "Ding" you can acheive some deviation in flight.
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 12:42 PM

Some is the word.  I use it now and then but in all honesty I think the ball leaves the clubface at an angle rather than curving in flight.

If they ever add fade and draw to the game I'll be one very happy customer.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 12:58 PM

In one thread a week or so ago WGT Admin said "when we tried to add the option of fades/draws programming it affected all shots adversely during our testing" or something of the sort...he said as of now it won't work basically....

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 1:56 PM

MainzMan:
    ~but in all honesty I think the ball leaves the clubface at an angle rather than curving in flight.
    You can get the ball to curve in flight Mainz but it is a risky shot to achieve anything other than a slight curve, and you are right when you say that the ball leaves the club face at an angle as it does that too.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 3:36 PM

From what I gathered from researching the forums and asking the members was that the drivers (only) have this programming, to some extent, and the main difference I observed was the roll-out. Below is my input on the original post.

I personally think it's something to consider when I use the driver. I like to know what my ball and drivers will do.

The top screen grab is my shot with the crosswind, and the bottom shot is a still from Scott's Replay which has similar wind strength in the same direction.

Note that my shot is DINGED center, and Scott's is past DING to the right.

Also note the roll-out in mine is the opposite of the roll-out in his.

[note: be aware that the aiming method on each shot was different and varied]

Be aware, adjusting the aim and using a 'miss-ding' drive is not really highly recommended by many of the pros here on WGT. I was surprised the subject was hardly addressed.

Yet, if I'm using a DRIVER in a crosswind and there is a hazard or diagonal tight fairway, etc. or maybe the green is reachable using a driver, I will make the choice to DING or NOT DING depending on what equipment/balls I'm using, how risky I feel, or the circumstance. But that's just me.

[the example of the windy STA #1 is for convenience and demonstration only, it's to show the result of the technique along with a crosswind; this is not a suggestion on how to play this specific hole in any way]

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 3:51 PM

Chunkey1:

What do you have to do during your shot to intentionally make the ball fade or draw?

Personally...I use a #2 pencil and have a lot of erasers handy.....ohhhhh..you mean ur shots....like they've said...missing the ding left or right will do that.....sorry...I get sooo confused sometimes  lol

~Steven~

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 4:01 PM

OR you can just allow for the wind on that hole and ease a drive down to a 50-60 yd wedge approach shot which is huge in a 28-30 mph wind instead of a 90-100 yd approach after a high risk drive....

K.I.S.S. is my motto...

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 4:13 PM

Chunkey1:

Clicking the lines before or after Ding...  with a good aim also.

Tee shot on Beth#2 off the Blacks is perfect for that that type of shot, without having to fight with the tree's infront of you....  St.A #1 just hit off tee,  don't have to worry about hitting early or late..  just ding.  Making sure you land on fairway...  then easy chip up.  easy saying you still have to hit a good shot.

Tip for St.A #1   with the big drivers a punch off the tee goes 250yrds (or set at that)  if you have a huge tailwind...  that might be the go. Instead of flirting with the water.

• PAGES
RSS