How do you "shape" your shots?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:05 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 4:36 PM

JFidanza:
    From what I gathered from researching the forums and asking the members was that the drivers (only) have this programming

It isn't programming as such, you're just playing the deviation odds. Missing one way while aiming the other plays favor with circles of precision and deviation when it's done correctly.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Jun 27 2014 5:05 PM

YankeeJim:

JFidanza:
    From what I gathered from researching the forums and asking the members was that the drivers (only) have this programming

It isn't programming as such, you're just playing the deviation odds. Missing one way while aiming the other plays favor with circles of precision and deviation when it's done correctly.

It was just explained to me, and then I proved the performance to myself by trying drivers vs irons (and other people have changed their opinion after testing the programming difference between irons and drivers) and I saw the difference clearly.

But, in my trail and error, the main advantage was when using a starter ball.

Because of the super fast meter, it is easier (more simple, if you will), and more likely, to miss the ding rather than hit it right on the nail. (and that is the common experience of many beginners)  

I rarely consider the technique when I'm not using a starter ball.

• PAGES
RSS