Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Seriously do something wgt

Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:39 AM (26 replies)
  • Bendeswede
    95 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:43 AM

chill it.....my comments was directed to WGT and not to you...... you act like you are fullof guilt?   LOL     Have a cold beer and chill!

• Bendeswede
    95 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 8:46 AM

The point is not about quiting..... The point is that WGT is quiting when a player quit the game and the rest of us is standing. GAME FROZEN!

Please respond to the real problem and please don't walk around it. Honest respond needed.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 9:13 AM

TarheelsRule:
    what do you do about people that have to quit for the reason I mentioned above or because someone comes to the door or they have something come up.

The solution to the quitting problem is simple. If a member quits any multi-player game, it's a loss no matter what the reason for the disconnection. It will bring a conclusive and/or determining factor to the issue of quitting.

If WGT leaves an avenue open for a quitter to quit their multi-player rounds, their going to take it every time. The only other way to thwart a quitter is to remove the red "X" and the "end round" button in the game menu. Then members will have to choose their MPC's very carefully because once their in the round, there's no quitting. This idea is not to practical though.

It sad to say, but everyone will have to deal with the quitting issue accordingly until WGT actually steps in and does something about it.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:11 PM

TarheelsRule:
    This topic has been discussed so much that we need a forum tab just for it.

I have been a member for 9 months, and have complained loudly about the problem, but WGT does not care. If they would care, after all the discussion in this forum, THEY WOULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  In my mind it is stupid to continue bringing this up in the forum, hundreds of pages have been posted, so why continue.

Personally, It is more fun to take your dog to a big tree and watch him try to climb. He will get the same results all of us get from complaining, and that is NOTHING.

At least, watching your dog try and climb a tree has some entertainment value, complaining about quitters is a lost cause, and no value can come of it. I say, let us find something that nobody has complained about. Lets talk about the meter

• VeScal
    67 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:40 PM

TarheelsRule:

While I agree about people quitting it is very difficult for WGT to do anything about it.  A few people have said that you should penalize them by adding strokes to their score, the sandbaggers would love that so that won't work.  I rarely quit but I do have times when I am locked up and won't continue, how does WGT know that I didn't quit but could not continue.  A few people have brought up blocking someone from the site for 48 hours after they quit, but that hurts WGT revenue stream (potentially) and what do you do about people that have to quit for the reason I mentioned above or because someone comes to the door or they have something come up.

Thats bogus, wgt own the server they maintain it, every server has logs, owning a game server of my own I know there are logs for every kind of disconnect, and this is no different.

As for the dc/s I only play with cc friends now, I rarely ever play with people I dont know.

If wgt wont do anything about it, and they can they just dont, then I wont play public only arranged games with my cc.

• sasnz
    6 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:44 PM
    Ok Guys and galls, lets stop arguing and name calling and come up with some real solutions that might just trigger the WGT team to act. Any players that enter a practice game can quit whenever they want, I think this should be left open, However anyone who is playing a scored or challenge match should be subject to the following guidelines I think everyone should be able to exit a scored or challenge game once, Answering the phone, door knock etc but after that i think that those who have credits should be deducted 50 credits every time the quit there after in one 24 hour period, Those players who are new to WGT or dont have any credits again have one quit then after that they are blocked from entering any multiplay or Tornaments for the next 24hrs Obviously there needs to be a warning of such once the end game button has been pressed and the consequences of exiting are displayed to the viewer so he can then either decide to quit or rejoin the game. Just my 2 cents, lets here what others have to say Sasnz
  • Poulakidas
    31 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:39 AM

it would be easy to discourage quitting just by deducting experience points fom the quitter. the problem is bigger now cos at least some time ago if someone didnt quit or disconnect on his turn the game would go on normally, but now it freezes at the next shot everytime. I dont think this is only a bad attitude-quitting thing because if the case is 4 people playing a multiplayer stroke game there is chance that someone might have connectivity problems over the course of 9 or even more 18 hole rounds.

i think they ll fix it.

RSS