Forums

Help › Forums

Seriously do something wgt

Wed, Oct 6 2010 2:39 AM (26 replies)
  • VeScal
    67 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 12:31 PM

I have to play single player on oatmount or tournaments because everytime some noob cant handle going over par on a hole they quit and freeze everyone else, it is getting stupid now.

I know this has ben brought up before but it needs bringing up again until you realise that the stupid system is not good enough to handle dc's.

How are we supposed to have a game if noone is going to sort this, It is getting very annoying, I would like to see some sort of actually interest from devs/admins on this thread to let us know that our issues are actually being looked at because quite frankly it seems like this problem is just brushed aside, as if it doesnt matter, well newsflash it does matter.

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 4:16 PM

well said ves

also when a player dc,s in multiplayer it doesn,t seem to save your own game such a shame especially if on a good round

THE UK GOLFERS ELITE CC

mike

• cdnbacon
    6 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 8:54 PM

I have sent NUMEROUS e-mails on this issue with NO replys!!!

How can they handicap ANY indivdual golfer if NO ONE can finish a  round???

I entered 12 rounds today and was shut-out by 12 QUITTERS!!!

How are they going to better/worsen my hdcp if I can't play a full round?

I haven't yet invested a lot of money in this site and WON'T invest any more!!

I came here to play some golf.......if I have to adhere to some MORONS idea of how we play!!!!!!      ............I'm out!!!

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:28 PM

This really does have to be addressed. I was invited to a game by a pro yesterday at Bethpage. He asked to be a friend which I never refuse, then drove straight into the trees on the right and failed to get out in two attempts. By this time I was a foot from the pin for a birdie. Then he messaged me to say he was disconnecting and would invite me again in a few minutes for a fresh start. Needless to stay I didn't accept and removed him as a friend. It seems like quitting is a part of normal play for some people on here these days.

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 10:37 PM

hes not to blame...WGT is to blame...if they give a player the choice to quit with no consequence, then some if not many of these people will choose that option.  Here is an analogy...say your in school and they hand out a test that covers the last months material...your screwed, and have only been to class once in the last month....BUT.....the teacher then says you have UNLIMITED times to turn the test in...some will turn that A+ in every time, while some will be satisfied with their "real" first score of a C. Now the only problem with this analogy is that the teacher dies after the student doesnt turn in his first test. LOL gl on the greens, and smoke them also...

• superchuck
    210 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 5:11 AM
    I don't know if this is a solution, but It couldn't hurt. If someone were to quit a round more than twice, they would be locked out of the site for a day. Now sometimes a person must quit a round for a variety of reasons,(family, health, emergency,connections,etc.) but I would suggest that no one should have to quit a round TWICE in a day. Lock them out for a day, AND award them a bogey for each hole left unplayed. Just a thought. ps WGT can lock the equipment, surely they can lock out a player. Thanks, Chuck
  • rutgernohl
    188 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 6:03 AM

I think WGt Shouldn't allow u to stop a round.

Yes u can quite for a reason, but the first time u'll be online u would have to finish that round before starting any new one! 

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 7:28 AM

rutgernohl:
    I think WGt Shouldn't allow u to stop a round.

WGT does not want. They have read these forums for over a year, 500 threads, 10000 posts and they DO NOT WANT.

Getting tired of "my meter does not work" and "people are quitting". enough, WGT does NOT WANT TO FIX EITHER PROBLEM, so PLEASE, GO TO ANOTHER COMPLAINT

Thank you, and have a good day

• VeScal
    67 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:24 AM

and with oponions like that takes us full circle doesnt it?

Your probably one of these quitters who dont want it changed, what exactly do you gain from not being against quitters? exactly none except if you quit and your fun could be stopped, oh well deal with it.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 9:39 AM

VeScal:
    Your probably one of these quitters who dont want it changed, what exactly do you gain from not being against quitters? exactly none except if you quit and your fun could be stopped, oh well deal with it.

Very smart observation, but you should research before you accuse. If it would be up to you I would be hanging from a tree

If you would do your homework, instead of using your mouth, you would see that I have many posts that plead with WGT to step in and do something. With all that pleading, nothing has happened, and I have resigned myself to play match, which has a lot less quitting going on.  I also play stroke, but I will ask the opponent before we start if they have a tendency to quit, and ask them to quit before we start.

Save your apology, for a mind that accuses before it knows the facts, is a mind that does not mean any apology

RSS