Forums

Help › Forums

Re: is there anyone left that don't quit

Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:13 AM (179 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:29 AM

Detroit Lions 44 - St. Louis Rams 6.

OK.... time to get off topic!!!!!  LIONS WIN...Sorry it had to be your Rams, Richard

Wait,,, no I'm not, I LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• semperfi1951
    7 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:35 AM

Dave,

I feel the same , way about quitters , there are alot of *** averages out there and babies who after one bad shot quit and leave...I'm a retired marine and never quit anything in my life especially a game where you are suppose to relax and have fun...Maybe we'll play a round one day and there will be no quitters...

Bob,   Ret. Sgt Major, U.S.M.C

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 4:36 AM

semperfi1951:
    I'm a retired marine and never quit anything in my life

...'cept the Marines.  :-D

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 4:52 AM

dchallenger:

semperfi1951:
    I'm a retired marine and never quit anything in my life

...'cept the Marines.  :-D

uh oh.....................INCOMING!!

• BriRock
    148 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 5:41 AM
    WGT cannot eliminate or prevent quitting all together, never. They can, however, put into place a lot of the suggestions talked about in the last many pages to HELP REDUCE IT. But, this needs to be looked at from the point of view of the individual, not players as a group. If we are strictly talking about quitting, and not score manipulation, each player needs to have the ability to make an INFORMED decision prior to entering into any multiplayer matches. The ONLY way to do that is to create, or to re-implement the reputation system. To have the ability to see which players quit rounds repeatedly is like being able to see the future, or at least the near future. You will know with some level of certainty (at least much more than you do now) which players you will actually complete rounds with before entering in an MP game. And that’s the goal, or at least complaint that started this thread. One player, one individual being fed up with quitters. To make umpteen changes to the game to stop quitters will not work, but to allow the many individuals who make up this game a bit foresight would be a great improvement. I'm not claiming that a reputation system will stop quitting either, because it will not I can assure you of that. But at least it gives players a choice which is based on fact. Players with bad reputations quit, that’s a fact, so don’t play with them, and you will be happier. A system like this puts the responsibility on the player to make their own decision, and not on WGT to make changes to the game. You will no doubt still have players who will quit, for good reasons and bad ones, but the number quits you experience will be greatly reduced, if you know which players are going to quit before you ever Tee Off. Players who quit rounds constantly will always do so, and I say LET THEM. With a Reputation attached to their name, the more they quit, the worse it gets. And the worse it gets, the easier it is for me to decide NOT TO PLAY WITH THEM!!!
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 12:35 PM

He gets it!!  Well said Rock!

• Greggatshack
    21 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:14 PM

BriRock:
    The ONLY way to do that is to create, or to re-implement the reputation system.

I wasn't using WGT when they had the reputation system in. My suggestions earlier in this thread were based on my assumption that the earlier system was somehow flawed and that I needed to make positive alternative recommendations that could somehow alleviate quitting (which is what I was trying to do). 

I too, believe that a reputation system would be a useful guide to avoiding players who quit. If the original system was based on other players giving you a reputation rating then I can see how that may have some unfortunate results. But if there was a system such as Faterson suggests, where the reputation rating is automatic based on the percentage of games you complete then it is fair for everyone. No-one would have a 100% rating because of game crashes etc. but the ones to look out for would have reputations below (say) 80%. (I know that I, personally, would be in the high 90's because the only reason I've ever not finished a game has been through involuntary game crashes - or sometimes when everyone else has quit around me (although often I've finished those games as well)).

Would someone (possibly WGT) let us know why the system was pulled in the first place?

Cheers

Gregg

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:34 PM

Gregg,  it was implemented once mid December '09 and was full of instances of player's taking rep hits when they shouldn't have taken the hit.  The last man standing in a group, after everyone quit took a hit.  3 of 4 players in a game make it to the 1st tee, the last guy didn't load and make it to the 1st tee.  Players 1, 2, and 3 went back (ended game) to get the 4th guy (pretty common occurrence actually) and they took a rep hit without  hitting a ball.

Stuff like that.

Search on reputation tracking.

Andy

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Oct 11 2010 1:51 PM

So it seems simple, Reputation Tracking would initiate as soon as all members of the group hit their first drive.  Then, as members quit each would take a hit, with the exception of a final golfer remaining.  Wondering why this is difficult to implement?

I do remember that day in December 2009... seems everyone started off at 80%... very curious.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 12 2010 1:13 AM

Greggatshack:
    But if there was a system such as Faterson suggests, where the reputation rating is automatic based on the percentage of games you complete then it is fair for everyone.

Absolutely.

Doublemochaman:
    Wondering why this is difficult to implement?

Me too, Mochaman.    And I don't really think it's "difficult to implement". I believe it's more that WGT have seen their development priorities elsewhere so far. There's no immediate increased revenue for WGT by resolving the quitters issue, is there? That's a matter of long-term customer satisfaction, and of retaining the current site users' interest long-term. Hopefully WGT will readjust their priorities and will finish properly implementing the reputation system at long last.

RSS