Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New changes, same frustration.

Sun, Oct 3 2010 12:13 PM (35 replies)
  • TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 5:20 PM

SHOOTTOTHRILL:

As for the "new ball", just about anyone who know's anything about real golf ball's can tell you, distance balls travel farther because they spin less. Less spin means a straighter shot. Why is this new ball programmed to be less accurate???? It has NO feel over the regular SD, and yet slight miss hit's go ALOT further off line????? Make's absolutly no sense at all. Please tell me this was a mistake with the design. I am NOT impressed.

You're assuming that WGT knows something about real golf. Mistake #1. You next assume WGT actually plays their own game. Mistake #2. You finally assume they might care. Well you get the idea.

TMPC

• showtime73
    114 Posts
    Wed, Sep 29 2010 6:48 PM

very well said jcs...your post at 2:22 was spot on sir...i think wgt should take ur post to a vote...im not fancy at the quote stuff so i hope this makes sense...like i said..i used to play all the time..i posted many times about the BIG CHANGE and wgt basically said those who built us are expendable,good luck wgt,maybe a couple more months of screwing your costumer's the government will bail you out...your going to need it  

• lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Fri, Oct 1 2010 11:42 PM

I agree that jcs eloquently phrased what a lot of us are feeling.  Problem is, WGT doesn't seem to care.  They still won't listen to us.  They still won't address the biggest issues.  They still won't respond to our posts, except to say once a week or so that they are looking into whatever issue and blah, blah.

Maybe one of the pencil pushers should look at the numbers for the month of September.  They have to be down.  I play far fewer rounds than I used to.  A few friends have quit altogether.  How much is a hundred times zero?

If I worked for a very successful business and cost the owner a substantial amount of money by alienating its most loyal customers, I probably would no longer be working for that company.  As the owner, I would probably do what I could to appease the masses to get them happily spending money once again.

WGT seems to have a different business plan:  Take the fun out of the game and make it more expensive. 

I look forward to response from other players because I know that I won't get one from WGT.

• GL57
    83 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 5:18 AM

To me, there is one dominant and immensely frustrating problem, that I regard as complete disrespect toward old members, who have poured hundreds of dollars and invested a lot of time into this game, Thanks to months, even years of play and gradual improvement, they have made it to the highest tier, with unlimited Pro Shop privileges, only to discover overnight that WGT had decided to treat them like a bunch of beginners with no access to high end equipment, appropriate to their tier. The Sept. sale was a band-aid solution that only contented some and not others, many others, including me. I made the mistake at one point of selling my regular master and pro clubs in favor of new all master equipment with dizzying fast meters, and now I'm stuck, as everything I use to own is now locked for months. I have a real hard time swallowing that pill, all the more as my old reflexes are clearly overwhelmed by these pesky meters that have my head spinning. And the G13 balls are merely a crappy consolation.

I love a good challenge, but there comes a time where you have to resign yourself to the humble fact that you are in over your head. But is WGT willing to listen and accommodate me and everyone else like me? There is no sign of that, and this, my friends, is putting me off in the extreme, despite my genuine love for the game

• westhamchris
    195 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 8:51 AM

time this site was sorted out.....dont mind paying for clubs ..tourney entrance  etc.....but unable to play any rounds due to consistance bad lagging and screen freezing...its now becoming a joke....spoiling most players enjoyment....when paying a price  i do expect better sevice.....time to get it sorted

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 12:13 PM

is it possable that wgt personell, owner, etc., have chosen to not make changes because it is not going to increase profits?  possiably, it may also be a techniclogical problem that may rquire untold amounts of real money and efforts to solve.....  it is THEIR choice.  if you, we, do not like it make your complaints as you have, and move on if required.....my2cents.....

RSS