Help › Forums

Re: THE DAY OF THE WEDGE IS OVER!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 5 2010 5:55 AM (38 replies)
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:29 PM

corace:
    I've been reading all these post the last few days, and can't believe some of the commits. Is this real golf no, is it close yes. With age, my driver doesn't fly as far, I can't hit driver-wedge on every hole. I didn't move up a tee box or two. I learned to play the course, I learned to hit my longer irons, I learned to pin point my shots. I play a Country Club that double cuts their greens twice a week. And I still hold a USGA 8 handicap. I was never close to a pro, but I never went into the club house and cried about making it fair for me either.

Complaining about "fairness" is what pros and such did for the past six months, claiming that RG's should be more "fair."  In response, WGT has done exactly what you've just claimed shouldn't be done: made adjustments in order to allow "amateur" and "pro" -level players to compete with masters and legends.

In that light, I agree with your post 100%, even if you probably didn't intend it that way.

• corace
    276 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:32 PM

ironking34:

Unfortunately the irons here don't work as they do in real life.  Also, it's just a matter of fairness when you have a tour master hitting from an easier tee than a "legend" with the same equipment.  Plus a lot of the tour master as just as good as the legends, the only difference is the tour masters haven't been members on wgt as long as the legend.  To move someone up to a legend status just because of the ranked rounds they played is just ridiculous.  I can basically finish every round and regardless of my average I will level up anyways.  Legend should be a tier reserved for the absolute best.  There are over 300 legends, that makes no sense, non what so ever.

Now that was the best explaination on that part I've read. I would agree with you on that!

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:33 PM

CharlemagneRH:

I just posted a retirement thread for this account, stating that I will no longer be playing any more RG's, MPC's, etc. on this account, so I don't think banning me would be appropriate at all.

I am merely playing the game that WGT has decided to make, and I don't believe that I can legitimately be blamed for doing that.

Well good luck, looking at the T&C again you may be able to do it, but you probably need to contact them first...

T&C:
    Each user participating at WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) may have only one player account. If you wish to create a new player account, please contact us at members@worldgolftour.com. If World Golf Tour determines that you have more than one account, all accounts created subsequent to the first account may be automatically terminated without notice. Continued violation of the Terms & Conditions, including the creation of more than one player account, may result in the termination of all of your player accounts. Your account is non transferable. You may not allow any other person to use your player account to access WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT), participate in any tournament or game, or to accept any winnings related to your player account.

• corace
    276 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:40 PM

CharlemagneRH:

Complaining about "fairness" is what pros and such did for the past six months, claiming that RG's should be more "fair."  In response, WGT has done exactly what you've just claimed shouldn't be done: made adjustments in order to allow "amateur" and "pro" -level players to compete with masters and legends.

In that light, I agree with your post 100%, even if you didn't intend it that way.

You are right about the crys that pros and some masters made about fairness. It sure wasn't from me, I played several RG's and never got much back, but sure enjoyed the competition. Tiers on RG's would of solved that whole problem!

• corace
    276 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 9:56 PM

Mem11:

Corace, please don't take this the wrong way, but you haven't a clue since you can't even practice from the Championship tees.  Even with the longest driver, it can be impossible to hit many of the par 4's in 2... Just imagine BPB#10 at 508 yds - in calm winds, no one can get there.  All I want is a chance.

Believe me I understand just what your saying.I hit from the Tips, and on the long par 4's that have severe greens, my second shot is a layup to my perfect wedge length. Then I at least have a better chance to par the hole. I keep my stats and I par those, 78% of the time.

I'm a two week old master on here, I still use my pro drive and can't get to some holes either. But I lay up to use my wedge, and have a lot better chance of scoring good. I use my wedges with a punch shot alot more now then I did as a pro, and that works great. It's like having 4  to 6 wedge lengths.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:00 PM

Mem11:

CharlemagneRH:

I just posted a retirement thread for this account, stating that I will no longer be playing any more RG's, MPC's, etc. on this account, so I don't think banning me would be appropriate at all.

I am merely playing the game that WGT has decided to make, and I don't believe that I can legitimately be blamed for doing that.

Well good luck, looking at the T&C again you may be able to do it, but you probably need to contact them first...

Thanks for posting that, but I do feel that my post should have been sufficient notification to WGT of my intentions.

I'd like to add, though, that not only am I not starting a second account in order to cheat, but I have also made numerous attempts to help WGT fix the problem, only to be ignored.  I've taken every reasonable avenue that can be expected in order to achieve redress of grievances, and I think it would be quite ridiculous for WGT to punish me, provided that I do not use both accounts in RG's, etc. and keep both accounts open only for the purposes of transition into a new strategy.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:02 PM

corace:

Mem11:

CharlemagneRH:
    I'm starting a second account, gifting it 200 sleeves of golf balls, and then getting this original one deleted.  People will hate me for sandbagging, of course, but I don't make the game...

I get your frustration, but you really don't want to do that - that would be a violation of the T&C and should be pretty easy for WGT to figure it out and ban you.

At this point Amateur's and Pro's don't have access to Master equipment and that current sale only lasts for another week, so they'll have to wait until they get to level 80 or more to buy that equipment.  If they're still Amateur's or Pro's by then, they have bigger problems :-)

As Ironking said, give us a Legend Tier driver that goes 300 yds+ and I like my chances.

Corace, please don't take this the wrong way, but you haven't a clue since you can't even practice from the Championship tees.  Even with the longest driver, it can be impossible to hit many of the par 4's in 2... Just imagine BPB#10 at 508 yds - in calm winds, no one can get there.  All I want is a chance.

Believe me I understand just what your saying.I hit from the Tips, and on the long par 4's that have severe greens, my second shot is a layup to my perfect wedge length. Then I at least have a better chance to par the hole. I keep my stats and I par those, 78% of the time.

I'm a two week old master on here, I still use my pro drive and can't get to some holes either. But I lay up to use my wedge, and have a lot better chance of scoring good. I use my wedges with a punch shot alot more now then I did as a pro, and that works great. It's like having 4  to 6 wedge lengths.

BTW, I think your original post was interpreted by most people here as a message to legends that they should stop complaining about "fairness" instead of as a complaint that the penalties placed upon legends are indeed unfair.

I'm guessing that that's why he posted that response to your original comment.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 10:09 PM

corace:

I hear you.  I played with the starter clubs for the 1st 6 months I was here and that's exactly what I had to do. The difference is you have the choice to acquire a driver that will eliminate that type of play, I don't.  I just want the choice like all the other tiers have.

As they say, been there done that, and now it feels like I'm playing with the starter clubs again.  it was a great learning experience, but I really don't want to do it again - Hey College was fun, but I don't want to repeat it :-)

• corace
    276 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 5:55 AM

Mem11:

I hear you.  I played with the starter clubs for the 1st 6 months I was here and that's exactly what I had to do. The difference is you have the choice to acquire a driver that will eliminate that type of play, I don't.  I just want the choice like all the other tiers have.

As they say, been there done that, and now it feels like I'm playing with the starter clubs again.  it was a great learning experience, but I really don't want to do it again - Hey College was fun, but I don't want to repeat it :-)

I hear you too! great point. Fine discussion, it's one's like this that WGT would likely pay more attendtion to,  Instead of cry's of cheating, and starting all over.

RSS