Forums

Help › Forums

Re: A Question to Top Tier Masters

Mon, Aug 9 2010 6:53 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 6:04 PM

Your game seems to be fairly similar to mine. Some of my averages, have had a few more rounds to recover from the heavy damage they suffered back when missing the green in regulation was an almost bogey or worse, as was hitting the rough or a bunker.

I'm lacking the consistency to shoot low all the time, especially when the winds are heavy, although I didn't just shoot a 30 on this weeks front 9 tourny at St Andrews, which is a huge improvement over previous attempts under such conditions.

It's probably right that we should both start playing Oakmont and Bethpage more. That said, I like the Bethpage front 9, it's the back 9 that kills me.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 6:07 PM

yeah I would agree, especially about BP back 9

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 6:53 PM

Hi Sargen,

I agree totally with Blues post. Stay away from Kiawah and St Andys. If you can score well on Bethpage and Oakmont you can play well anywhere.

You must have a good short game also.

Oh yeh - stay away from the 9 hole versions of the game. It is a lot harder to hold your game together over the full 18 holes. Thats the test.

Sure - practice your 9 hole rounds if you have a comp or a matchplay coming up, but the full 18 will prepare you better.

Cheers

Doug

• PAGES
RSS