Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:41 AM

Me and Alosso have arranged to hopefully get our 1st round played on wednesday....hope the weathers kind, lol........Is there a leaderboard yet or do you need to wait for more results?

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:57 AM

Hanswurst72 is the leader with a 69

Leaderboard

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 12:21 PM

FYI everyone:

Shiner (mnshiner) asked if it would be acceptable to produce game conditions evidence in the form of a video (instead of the many '100s of screenshots,' lol!).

This is certainly OK with me, however... please note the following points:

1. It would have an effect on gameplay. Unless you have absolute top-of-the-line computer set-up, my understanding is that it impacts meter stutter considerably.

2. It would be sad if you relied on it, and then there was a technical problem. It would be too late then to make any backup screengrabs.

3. Do make sure everything's legible (especially the stats). There's quite a lot of image loss once the video gets uploaded to YouTube in particular.

4. You should get your partner's assent before videoing your round, as recording during the round surely makes it more likely that a disconnect might occur, and then you'd both be having to start over... 

So, yes, it would be acceptable proof, but at your own risk!!!

Cheers, Corwyn

---

And, it turns out that Shiner did record part of his first round with Hans. How fortuitous that I accidentally paired the two of them, so we get to see our leader in action!

Lesson time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKKjDo_Q6Ns

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 12:25 PM

Had a fun and very enjoyable round with Mizzy. He played a very solid game but mine has more to wish for. An orgy of pitches, chips and puts spoiled my game. First hole pitch 5 putt.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 12:38 PM

Corwyn:

And, it turns out that Shine did record part of his first round with Hans. How fortuitous that I accidentally paired the two of them, so we get to see our leader in action!

Lesson time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKKjDo_Q6Ns

Nice! It's actually the whole front 9 of our game, that's really good to watch with the music =)

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:02 PM

Last 3 holes @ St. Andrews. Corwyn let us know if you can see everything alright.
    Thanks, Shiner

Test for Corwyn

• seemorehair
    228 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:06 PM

Very nice! Interesting course management there. We are about to play in 56 mins :)

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:11 PM

I've just noticed a possible slight problem watching the youtube clip.

The flag on the 1st is at the front, but every time I have played a practice round, with the specified settings, I have had the back flag.

The 2nd hole is the same flag position as I have always had, but if WGT seems to just randomise them.

I know it will all probably even out over the course of the comp, but on some holes the flag position makes a big difference....especially with the £1 shop clubs.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:15 PM

You are right there unclenewy. It certainly can have a bigger impact at some holes. Let's just hope it evens out during the competition, as well as the wind. There is no real way to change this 'problem'.

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2013 1:27 PM

Hanswurst72:

You are right there unclenewy. It certainly can have a bigger impact at some holes. Let's just hope it evens out during the competition, as well as the wind. There is no real way to change this 'problem'.

Yeah It should even out, It would just be a shame if someone was having a great round and then it all went wrong on a hole where they got the harder pin.....you would think WGT would have them set specifically as "hard" "easy" and "random" and they would be uniform to that.

Anyway, great 1st round Hans, I have managed to stay around par for most of the practice round (about 5 rounds now) but then a bad lie or rollout will ruin it all.....especially the 9th, and a double or even triple bogey will kill me.

RSS