Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What is the refund policy of WGT ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 8 2010 7:01 AM (8 replies)
  • pullinup
    108 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 12:40 PM

On the purchase of equipment of which the performance of I am not at all satisfied with?

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 12:44 PM
    I would bet that since the ability to rent clubs for trial periods exist, that the policy is going to be no refunds.
  • mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 1:18 PM

Is it possible that maybe u just simply   dont know how to use the clubs  and  u are just basically  whinin cause u cant play? I think all clubs on here  work really well  and its just simply up to U to put em to good use !!!!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 1:43 PM

No cash refunds. You can sell the club back for a 25% net gain. It's all in the terms & conditions as well.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 3:03 PM

Actual T&C wording is:

Terms & Conditions:
    Payments and Billing:

FEES YOU PAY WORLD GOLF TOUR TO ENTER CONTESTS, PURCHASE IN-GAME EQUIPMENT, OR TO OBTAIN ANY OTHER SERVICE OR GOOD, ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ARE NOT REFUNDABLE IN WHOLE OR IN PART.

I have seen, however, WGT make exceptions to this rule.  But only in communications via email directly.

Being unhappy with the swing meter on your new clubs is, or more accurately, hasn't been one of those exceptions.  In those cases, iirc, the answer has been "no".

Sorry.

• pullinup
    108 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 2:43 PM

Well the actual point was that the clubs in question ping i15 master irons performed nicely in the rental situation and poorly after purchase. The problem was meter related. In rental...meter always good, after purchase...meter never good.

So why wouldnt I feel like I'd been ripped-off ?

• stencil
    455 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 3:56 PM

Clubs have nothin g to do with meter.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Dec 6 2010 5:52 PM

stencil:

Clubs have nothin g to do with meter.

Respectfully disagree with that stencil.

Not only do they have a speed attribute (as do the balls) that affects the meter, but throwing varying clubs and balls at the algorithm seems to make it more or less consistent depending on the exact pairing. 

This is not the first time I have heard that the behavior in the trial period is not the same as the behavior once the clubs are purchased. To be fair, I am pretty sure that a wgt rep has also commented that the attributes in the trial period are designed to be exactly the same as they are once purchased.

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Wed, Dec 8 2010 7:01 AM

Silly question here and one i know wgt will ask. Did you clear your cache before starting play with the new irons? I have the i15's and i love them. Of course i rarely ever have meter issues .

RSS