Forums

Help › Forums

First Annual WGT / Golf On Site Outing

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:42 AM (4 replies)
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 1:34 PM

The past few days 5 members of the WGT community gathered in Roanoke, Virginia to meet, play golf, and play some WGT together and in person.    The 5 golfers / virtual golfers - lvietri (NJ), lilrob (N Carolina), FuzzyGazz (Connecticut), Claremoreblue (Oklahoma) and Vabighack (Virginia) enjoyed great weather and company and played 2 rounds of golf on local courses --- proving there are deviations and unexplainable mishaps on real golf courses as well as on WGT.    Dam this game is realistic.

In addition to real golf ... what we believe to be the FIRST EVER --- WGT Actual In Person Alternate Shot Match was played.    The contestants shared one avatar and played by Ryder Cup style Alternate Shot rules.    

Claremoreblue and lilrob defeated lvietri and fuzzygazz 2 up on St Andrews.   The proof and scorecard is posted for your viewing pleasure.    You'll note we played in stroke play in order to get the full 9 holes in.   Can't wait for WGT to implement Alt Shot into it's growing list of gaming options.

• vabighack
    463 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 8:08 PM

As a participant in this, hopefully, annual  event, I can only say what a pleasure it was to be in the company of these fine gentlemen.  To think they would spend the time, effort and money to come to Roanoke, Virginia to play golf,  socalize and just "buddy" around  is fantastic.  I only wish it could have been  a few days longer.  Again, thanks guys,  I am blessed  indeed to have such great friends.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Mar 21 2010 11:01 PM

What a great time it was men, I can't wait till next time! :) That my friends was fun fun fun. Indeed we are blessed to have had the chance to actually meet and play the real game, I'm just glad I'm home now so I have a chance to beat you guys LOL. :)) To bad the campers moved out of the Walmart parking lot before Rob and I left this morning! The pic would have been funny! Thank you all for the pleasure.

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 6:49 AM

Glad you all had a good time, sorry we missed this one.  I told Drivnchaos we could've camped out.   Heres to getting the RV next time.  =)

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 7:42 AM

This was a Great trip. If you ever get a shot to meet up give it a try.Fun time.

What a great group of ppl. All class..can't buy that. Lou is this the hotel?

RSS