Forums

Help › Forums

Surgery

Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:21 PM (9 replies)
  • tilapia
    6 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:39 PM

I just started playin in Feb this year and am addicted? I have to have elbow replacement surgery done on Mon 3/22 and will be out of commision as far as playing. But I promise you this I will be back ASAP Hit em long and straight everybody.

Seeyou on the course soon.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:51 PM

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Tilapia.   Hope to see you back soon.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 3:42 PM

Please allow me to second those good wishes, Tilapia.  Hope all goes well and we'll see ya back here soon enough. =)

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:29 PM

Good luck and best wishes.

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:07 PM

So how is your left index finger working?..... I know I couldn't go that long without playing!  I hope all goes well and wish you a speedy recovery!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 5:17 PM

You could always have your wife or significant other play for you and you can shout to her when to ding the meter.  Ooops, the meter skips... then what?  Ding... NO, don't ding... now do ding!  What will the neighbors think?!

Good luck, and hurry back.

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 6:48 AM

Fish have elbows?

Speedy recovery!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 6:59 AM

Use your other arm to play.   Or maybe your feet and toes instead ?  

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 8:26 AM

marioh:

Use your other arm to play.   Or maybe your feet and toes instead ?  

Hope the procedure went well for you yesterday.

Coincidentally, the surgeon who did my own elbow surgery in Dec. just released me to "Limited Duty" for work, yesterday. The reason for the delay has been a "frozen shoulder" that developed while recovering from the surgery.

I have one bit of advice for you about your own recovery:

DO NOT ALLOW YOUR SHOULDER TO "FREEZE"! This condition is known as Adhesive Capsulitis, and it has left me struggling through PT to get it "unfrozen". It develops while your arm is in a sling and your arm's motion is limited. Depends on alot of variables, i.e. age, present condition, time immobilized, etc...

Do yourself a favor and Google it, and also let your Dr's know that you are aware of the possibility you could develop it.

It IS possible to play here one-handed... been doing it for awhile myself.

Best of Luck.

• tilapia
    6 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 1:21 PM

First i want to thank for all your best wishes for speedy recovery.i lust got home frpm hospital today and with my arm in a splint and can't yet control tht mouse. maybe soon but i wil start with closest to the hole until my rt index finger is working again. one again thank you and hope to get back out ther real soon.

Tilapia

RSS