Forums

Help › Forums

Multi Player green speed should be set to Host tier green speed

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 20 2010 6:17 PM (5 replies)
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 12:08 PM

And not on the tier of the highest tiered player.

As it stands now, anytime I join a game with Pro tier players, they are at a distinct disadvantage against me due to having to deal with the very fast green speed.

I don't even bother joining groups with amateurs or hacks due to this, and I've been trying to avoid joining pro tier groups as well.

Green speed should be based on the tier that the host is in, not the way it is now.

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 1:38 PM
    I agree, but when I was a pro I was playing alot with some master friends, got used to the very fast greens. It would make sense that the host's tier would set the green speed. I just cant play on standard speed, lol
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 11:33 AM

Thanks for pointing that out mario and I tend to agree with you on that one.  I'll pass that along and see what can be done about it.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 1:00 PM

Thanks WGTniv, I missed a two foot putt on #1 at Bethpage the other day because the green was on "Slow."

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 1:24 PM
    I think you were playing in a tourney for it to be at slow. The issue is in stroke play where the speed sets to the highest level player. I have had a number of pros who quit when I join because they know the level of green speed will move to very fast.
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 6:17 PM

marioh:

And not on the tier of the highest tiered player.

As it stands now, anytime I join a game with Pro tier players, they are at a distinct disadvantage against me due to having to deal with the very fast green speed.

I don't even bother joining groups with amateurs or hacks due to this, and I've been trying to avoid joining pro tier groups as well.

Green speed should be based on the tier that the host is in, not the way it is now.

I'm a Pro, but you are welcome to join any game you see me in. I try to remember that the green speed is Very Fast when a Master is in a multi-play group. It does increase the challenge, especially on St, Andrews.

RSS