Help › Forums

Another Virtual U.S. Open

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:40 PM (34 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:01 PM

YankeeJim:
    Look for positives that are on the roadmap.

Didn't even mention the member Meghan is in the hack tier and shown playing the 3rd hole @428yds which is the furthest back (championship?) tees. And she's already -1 after playing the #1 and #5 handicap holes on the course.  With hole #1 called one of the hardest holes in golf.   Hmm... a hack -1 after 2 from the back tees.  Multiple account? Or maybe YJ can explain with some new roadmap feature.  

Get to know Oakmont.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 1:57 PM

Andy...no need for Jim to answer that ....  think I can get it.

.When Bethpage was released last year for the Vitrual US Open, everybody, regardless of tier, played from the black or championship tees. I would expect this to be the same.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:34 PM

That link is sweet too. The way they lay Oakmont out there it looks like another BPB with a bunch of 15th holes!  OIY! 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:44 PM

Exactly my first thought. Another BP.

Jeff, my point is how can a hack be -1 from the tips??  She could have been on practice and selected the back tees too.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:15 PM

4 possible courses could come out each year...US Open...US Woman's Open...Amature championship...US Senior Open...How many other USGA events are there? If you can get the British Open rotunda in there to.....instant orgasm!

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:22 PM

is it possible for this Meghan to be a employee of WGT and testing it?  that why she a hack?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:40 PM

I'm curious about the Tour Starter driver that goes 10 yards further than the R9!  Might be why the -1.

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 4:08 PM

If they show a tour starter driver rated at 285 would/could it be possible  newer pro/master clubs also?

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 5:37 PM
    Hopefully they would not do that as they would then be going towards TWO style with 320 yard drives. Niv or somebody else could you tell us why the tour starter driver was 285.
  • MisterWGT
    122 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 11:07 PM

We are adjusting our Starters to hit 285 (and the other clubs accordingly).  This is in direct response to my flooded email box with messages entitled "why can't I shoot in the 40s like other games." 

All kidding aside... please note that our marketing/PR group, which builds the high-resolution images for press purposes, has a mock GUI file.  They do this because it needs to be 300dpi for press purposes.  In this case, I was a bit hasty in posting their work without first reviewing all our new "features."  

That said... still.. can't SOMEONE find that Sasquatch!?!

This month's hint:  Look in the Long Island forests! 

RSS