Help › Forums

The Ready Go's

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 24 2010 8:10 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • masgolf
    17 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 8:07 PM

Am I mistaken  in that I think they play nothing like regular games or regular tournaments for that matter?  

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2010 10:27 PM

I've played 500 of them ... they are exactly the same.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 10:18 AM

Besides the conditons being different than my typical ranked round and other tournaments, they seem to be 100% identical.  Could you elaborate on what you see as being the differences, and escalate them to WGT if you are really noticing a difference, and perhaps save any shots that back up what you are noticing.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 10:36 AM

I used to think they played differently too. I still do but not because anything's different-you just can't play recklessly. Where putts that might normally drop in regular ranked rounds because the missing method to aim is used, they have to be dinged in the RGs. The good players don't notice a difference because they play that way all the time. Players like myself that play looser will suffer because you need to be accurate in the RGs. Kind of like the game gets tightened up and you have to execute. The RGs do play differently if you don't focus. 

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:11 PM

YankeeJim:

I used to think they played differently too. I still do but not because anything's different-you just can't play recklessly. Where putts that might normally drop in regular ranked rounds because the missing method to aim is used, they have to be dinged in the RGs. The good players don't notice a difference because they play that way all the time. Players like myself that play looser will suffer because you need to be accurate in the RGs. Kind of like the game gets tightened up and you have to execute. The RGs do play differently if you don't focus. 

I agree here with what your saying Jim ,but im not happy about it the game should play true all the time.But i guess its the way they simulate golf`s timely frustrations.

chip

• restorethis
    151 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 4:33 PM
    RGs do play different to me also especially putting. Check out the replay on my profile, putt goes over the hole. This happens to me a lot in RGs. not ranked play!!
  • masgolf
    17 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 4:48 PM

chipshotcharlie:

YankeeJim:

I agree here with what your saying Jim ,but im not happy about it the game should play true all the time.But i guess its the way they simulate golf`s timely frustrations.

chip

I firmly the believe the ball does not fly as far or as true during the RG's as during regular play.  Two case in points from my most recent RG on Kiawah.

#5   I hit a full 5 iron which is 185 yards down wind 6 mph hit perfectly and the ball only flew 170 yards.  This ball normally flies plenty further then that I would say  at least 180 yards.  This was from a tee

#6  I hit a full 90% 9 iron (full one 135) and  again downwind 4mph and the ball flies 115 yards.  This shot was from the middle of the fairway.  

#17  194 yards 18mph right to left wind I aimed out in the water I just missed the click to the left and the ball starts at the flag and curls into the bunker.  No way that happens in a regular game.  

There are may times where you just miss the ding by a fraction and the ball starts way off line.  Just a few of many examples I could recite not to even mention the putting.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 8:01 PM

In over 1000 ranked rounds, 500 of them ready go's ... i don't see a difference between RG's, ranked, practice, match play ..... those things happen in every game I've ever played.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 8:28 PM

YankeeJim:
    Where putts that might normally drop in regular ranked rounds because the missing method to aim is used, they have to be dinged in the RGs.

I putt this way all the time.  I might drag the aim a bit but always intentionally miss center slightly against the break unless the putt is straight or over 15 feet as putts from farther out deviate more drastically with this method.

Like Lvietri, I've played well over 500 Ready Gos, winning over 80 of them and there is absolutely no difference in the way putts react.

• DaisyMoon
    25 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 9:52 PM

masgolf:
    Am I mistaken  in that I think they play nothing like regular games or regular tournaments for that matter?  

I  find that they play nothing like regular games!! That's usually because I am at the edge of my seat feeling the pressure of every singe shot, mopping my brow... and usually  going aaaargh a lot too. : )

• PAGES
RSS