Help › Forums

Post Your Worst

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 5 2010 9:29 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 9:51 AM

I just couldn't wait to share my delight with posting the most adorable little 40 at St. Andrews RG...it has been a while. Thank goodness I was able to follow-up with a dandy 74 at BPB, from the white tees, that included the cutest 5 putt at #15 that you ever saw...I sure know how to have fun.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 4:06 PM

It may sound like a cliche ... but i feel your pain miss lily  ...

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 5:05 PM

# 15 at BPB isn't the easiest green to putt. The break is downright evil.

• Middle4man
    368 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 7:29 PM
    At least you got to putt. I've putted OFF that green on more than one occasion. Once on a SLOW green. Thanks for THOSE memories. I was going to try and sleep tonight.
  • RevO1
    4 Posts
    Sun, Mar 7 2010 9:49 PM

yeah that is an evil green but we have all been there keep going and you will get it down to an art because that is what this game is in the game world and in real life

• Chipsalot
    74 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 1:28 AM
    My pet name for the 15th at Beth Page is 'Heartbreak Hill' and it deserves such a name. Took me a time to learn it but I have managed to birdie it several times, The hole is different things to different people but whatever it is... it's excitement plus.
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Mar 8 2010 8:09 AM

OK. I'll bite. :)

The scorecards below were from my "last free round" of golf here at WGT. Afterwards, I went straight to the Pro Shop and bought my Pro G10 set and Redwood putter. I was convinced that if I was going to put any amount of effort into lowering my scores, it would be with a decent set of clubs that I'd be able to use for awhile.

Haven't had a round of 40 for a long while... but I expect one will come my way soon... now that fate has been tempted.   :/

Enjoy, SP.  :^)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Mar 15 2010 3:33 PM

I saved a replay of a putt at Andy's #2 that clearly identifies my problems. I drove the green into that front right depression and hit a good putt without enough steam. It goes up the hill, about 20 feet then goes backward all the way to the starting point...a 40 ft putt that goes no where but the ball trail completes a perfect oval. If you want a good laugh, check it out.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Tue, Mar 23 2010 10:37 PM

We all experiment that once in a while. Your last shot is a great candidate for a birdie, you get excited and you finally end up with a nice....

.....DOUBLE BOGEY!!

But life goes on and we still love that game!!

PS: 74 for me at BPB is a miracle! But I don't expect much since I didn't upgrade all my clubs and I don't think it will improve my gameplay that much.

Rob

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 4:51 AM

Just when you think you might have this game figured out it come up and bites you in the butt. Much like real golf. Yesterday I shot my best 9 hole score ever -4 32 at St. Andrews. Today I just finished a round at St. Andrews. I shot a 44. No really bad shots.I hit every green but # 1 and was on the fringe on it. But I hit every green in just the wrong place where it is almost impossible to make a good putt. And i putted like a blind man. 27 putts including 1 4 putt and 1 5 putt green. I hit # 2 in the valley where some have made a perfect circle putt like SP has in her replays. So I tried the 300 foot meter. 59 feet away from the hole I hit a 166 foot putt leaving me  a 101 foot putt back to the hole took 4 more putts from there. Just a bad putting day.

• PAGES
RSS