Forums

Help › Forums

fairways at St. Andrews

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 27 2010 5:39 PM (6 replies)
  • uoducks63
    53 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 1:53 PM

I just set my long drive record on St. Andrews.  Hit a perfect drive right down the fairway, it rolled forever and finally stopped after 381 yards.  Finally got the crystal long drive award.  Just curious if anyone else has seen or done anything like that or was mine just a total fluke?

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 3:01 PM
    I was a witness to this one. The ball hit a downslope and took off like a rocket on the par 5 threading the needle between the narrow fairway. I was told that TIbbets has a 397 yard drive on BPB. Does a drive that isn't in the fairway count toward your long drive?
  • drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 3:29 PM

The ball must land in the fairway to count towards your stats. To keep the award you must finish the round

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 3:41 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Does a drive that isn't in the fairway count toward your long drive?

No it doesn't TR unfortunately.

I want to address the fairway bunkers. There needs to be a 360 degree view implemented to get out of the fairway pot bunkers. There is no way to hit behind the avatar. It will turn around and hit sideways, but it isn't an accurate shot at all plus it don't work to get the ball out.

Anyone else experience this pot bunker issue? I've used every wedge combination along with hitting punch, flop, and full swings. I did manage to get it out on the seventh shot with a 64 degree wedge, full swing, and the ball landed on the top edge of the bunker.

With a 360 degree view, we can turn around and flop the ball out. This will give a somewhat fair advantage when playing in a match play game, otherwise if you go in a pot bunker, up against the wall, it's game over guaranteed every time. Your looking at up to five shots or more to get out. Not hardly realistic.

I hope you give this some thought WGT.

• dvinas1
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 3:42 PM

I also got my best drive in St. Andrews hole 1.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 4:21 PM

Richard4168:

I want to address the fairway bunkers...

After landing in the center of a small one, I was able to get out fine, but I've seen what you mean... you should start a new thread to give the bunker topic justice.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Feb 27 2010 5:39 PM

Good idea Pugs.

RSS