Forums

Help › Forums

WGT NATION

Sat, May 5 2012 3:38 AM (123 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 1:18 AM

I have joined the WGT NATION by receiveing a WGT invitation with this benefits:

• Escalated customer support
    • Private tournaments with special prizes
    • Exclusive offers and gifts
    • ...with more exclusive services coming later this year!

.....but, what is it & where can I find tournaments or other benefits?

Being through my profile, playing secreen, etc, but can not find any difference...but some 3 Nike balls added.

Well, perhaps is still not working quiet......yet.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 1:43 AM

I received the same invite this morning. Never heard of it before!!!!! A bit sceptical as it didn't carry the WGT Logo as normal wgt messages do!!!!!

Any information would be very welcome.

WGTICON, Do you have any idea what this is. A bit wary of scams.

Mel1950

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 1:47 AM

Let's wait to see how this thing will evolve. It could be that nothing will change on the website but at some point we could receive email with link to private tournaments, to offers etc. I personally don't expect much from that but who knows. We should let them working on this and see what will come.

Not long ago, I received a survey from WGT where a bunch of questions were asked about how to improve this site. It looks like a very limited set of players received it (at least this was true with respect to players in my CC). It looks like they try to improve things. We should just wait and let them a chance. 

Regards

Edit:

mel1950:

A bit sceptical as it didn't carry the WGT Logo as normal wgt messages do!!!!!

It's safe, it's from WGT. If you click on the link, it opens the login page of WGT where you have to login as usual. And to answer the question you asked in another thread, they have your email address because to open your account you had to give an email address.

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:16 AM

genorb:

It's safe, it's from WGT. If you click on the link, it opens the login page of WGT where you have to login as usual. And to answer the question you asked in another thread, they have your email address because to open your account you had to give an email address.

I received this too.  To log in to WGT Nation though they expect you to give name, address, postcode and date of birth too - not sure I am prepared to do that even if it is Kosher.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:22 AM

Thanks genorb,

Just a bit old in the tooth as the saying goes:~)) Wary of stuff like this. Do you have to leave your own cc to apply. If not then I will  apply.(and see what happens)

Mel

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:28 AM

Must be OK  folks! I just joined and received 3 Nike balls in my bag, the same level as i was using.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:34 AM

The login info (including date of birth) is the same as when you set up your WGT account. Hesitated on that point for a nanosecond, but the whole thing seems to be set up correctly.

What this may evolve into remains to be seen. Perhaps it is a way to keep peeps interested at a level above, say, 90 or 95, where we do not expect to see new virtual equipment being offered or the like.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:40 AM

mel1950:

Do you have to leave your own cc to apply. If not then I will  apply.(and see what happens)

No you don't have to leave your CC. Actually once you will have signed up, you will not notice any change, except some balls in your bag.

Regards

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:45 AM

There's two threads running on this here and Mel I just accepted nothing about our CC buddy got a sleeve of Nike L48+ balls in the bag and I would be inclined to go with Genorb on this he's been here far longer than I.

GC.

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Thu, Mar 15 2012 2:50 AM

JohnHancock:

I received this too.  To log in to WGT Nation though they expect you to give name, address, postcode and date of birth too - not sure I am prepared to do that even if it is Kosher.

Well, they ask for it but I am not sure you really need to give all those information. Try without giving your address for example. However, those who deposit credits with credit card have to give name and address anyway.

Birthdate is a very touchy information. Indeed, in some countries, having the name and birthdate of someone can be enough to go through some identification process through phone. I consider this information as private as pin code or login password. But what is important here is just that you are over the legal age to play...

Regards

RSS