Forums

Help › Forums

Just to introduce myself to the clubhouse and community

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:38 AM (6 replies)
  • PASCHEF
    4 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2010 12:01 PM
    Was looking for something just like this and found it to be absolutely perfect the style and realism of play and the courses are so beautiful and viewing others progress is helpful as well encouraging for me to practice more and view the vids on hintful tips, might even over time spend some money on tourneys and equipment Anyway hope to get to know some of you hacks(like myself) and especially you better players................Peace to all
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 12:40 AM

Welcome PASCHEF.  Careful, or you might get hooked.  Be sure to check out the Getting Started and FAQs over there---->

Joey

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 1:43 AM

Hi PASCHEF

welcome to what i think is the best online game. it has realism, it has a great community, it has the option to buy game improving equipment. there are some great people on here who are always willing to help. i score well thanks to the people i've met.

below are some links that IMO are paramount if you want to get off to a good start. 

• Click Here for a great putting guide. -  i cant speak for everyone but i know this is an essential tool for what is considered the hardest area of the game. 
    • Click Here for a Great short game guide - probably my favourite tool. people on here will complain about the way the rough/bunkers play. best thing to do is accept the programme and use this guide. it will help you make those chips pitch and flop shots that are so important(excellent resource!)
    • after you have practised a lot and you feel ready to upgrade (when making pro tier)  CLICK HERE for an amazing guide to the "pro shop". it is a comparison guide of all the clubs WGT has to offer. however if you do upgrade i advise to get Ping G10 set pro, then Master set when you reach master. 
    • finally there is a small community of players on WGT who gather to chat on a programme call mIRC, some of the best players are on here and its great to have a round with them, get to know good players and learn some useful tips along the way. HERE IS THE LINK for more details

finally just have fun. you will get frustrated with the game but let it pass. the pro's of this game far outweigh the con's. just get to know the clubs u have and the courses you play. check out the forums for great advice and try not to join the whiners as tempting as it can be as it just ruins your WGT experience.

Good luck out there

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 6:24 AM

Welcome, and have fun!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 7:02 AM

Welcome aboard!

I'd recommend holding off on spending any money for now and just work on your game with the default clubs.   Once you get to the level where the default clubs are impeding your progress with the game (and the variance caused by the default club drives you nuts), then you can start looking into upgrading your equipment.   I would recommend waiting until you're at least at the Pro tier prior to purchasing equipment.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2010 11:28 AM

Welcome Paschief!

Happy you found WGT! You have so much to look forward to. This is a fabulous game and a wonderful community of players. Joeyola is correct, prepare to get hooked.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:38 AM

Welcome PASCHEF,

It is a fun site. Hope you enjoy.    fuzzygazz

RSS