Forums

Help › Forums

Post your best putts here!

Mon, Feb 5 2024 8:57 AM (910 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Dec 19 2023 7:06 PM

Now that I know how to capture replays once again, I just had to post this one.

Pinehurst 565yds par 4 4th.  I was on the front of the green in two, staring at a 56ft right to left putt and 17 inches uphill:

Before anyone says I missed the ding, I am an off-ding putter, so that was done on purpose.  In the Flash days I usually didn't need to move the marker, I just adjusted how much I missed the ding by, but since we got the new version of WGT I find that I have to move the marker as well as miss the ding.  Anyway, having never had this putt before, there was a lot of luck in actually sinking it.  And because it was speed 12 greens, something I'm not used to any more, I didn't really know how hard to hit it, hence the long hesitation before I let the mouse button go.  No I don't use spreadsheets or count dots, it's all done by feel.

A very rare birdie on this hole, for me at least, a replay worth keeping.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2023 3:25 PM

NICE!!!

You also brought one of the (many) difference between WGT and Topgolf WGT. Thank you for the show.

• vonnegutshot
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2024 12:16 PM

I am an off-ding putter as well... I think being off-ding is definitely more feel. I've kept the beginner putter since day 1 and I am so used to it that alot of my putts take just a few seconds to complete because I just know where to stop the meter off ding after doing it so much it's just like a flow or rhythym...

Now what I'm finding completely perplexing as well as interesting is how you set up the meter. You had a 56ft putt yet you used the 300ft meter? That just amazes me because even if you're playing on a large screen TV via laptop etc (which is how I play because the large screen gives me more precision with the shot meter)... by using the 300ft meter, each line has a value of 30ft... so with a 56ft putt, it doesn't seem like you'd be able to nail down precision because like you show, you use just a miniscule part of the meter.... Why not use the 60 or 100?

• HamdenPro
    2,415 Posts
    Thu, Feb 1 2024 3:31 PM

Here's a crazy one!

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Thu, Feb 1 2024 7:02 PM

I've never seen a putt go backwards! Maybe Tiger did it.

Great putt!

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Fri, Feb 2 2024 3:49 AM

HamdenPro:
    Here's a crazy one!

Nicely read!
  • MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Feb 3 2024 9:28 AM

DuFussMcGoo:

I've never seen a putt go backwards!

There are many greens on WGT where a putt will double back on itself and go in the hole.  I did one on 15th November 2020 on Pebble Beach #8 (it's in my profile blog in the Flash replays which can't be viewed any more) - the putt went about a foot past the hole, then very slowly trickled back into the hole.

Other notable holes are Bethpage #15, Oakmont #12, St Andrews #2, Merion #6.  I'm sure there are a few more, but these, as well as Merion #5 and Pebble Beach #8 already mentioned, are the ones that spring to mind to begin with.

If you like a bit of showmanship, ask Priestess how she likes to get an eagle on Oakmont #12 with the left pin.  I'm not sure if she has a replay of it.

Great read and execution HP.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2024 2:38 PM

MioKontic:

Other notable holes are Bethpage #15, Oakmont #12, St Andrews #2, Merion #6.  I'm sure there are a few more, but these, as well as Merion #5 and Pebble Beach #8 already mentioned, are the ones that spring to mind to begin with.

If you like a bit of showmanship, ask Priestess how she likes to get an eagle on Oakmont #12 with the left pin.

I need to get out more.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2024 2:59 PM

I was thinking...

I know Chateau Whistler and Cabo del Sol were WGT courses (that you had to pay to play), and are now gone.

Have any other courses been eliminated from "the new and improved" WGT?

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 8:42 AM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Have any other courses been eliminated from "the new and improved" WGT?

They did lose the licence for Oakmont some years back, but then got it back a few years later.  I think I've read that they have also lost the licence for some of the CTTH courses, Bali Hai and Hilversumsche are two that come to mind, there may or may not be more.

RSS