Forums

Help › Forums

WAY WAY WAY BELOW PAR 2

Sat, Feb 13 2010 9:17 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JMPP
    28 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:40 AM

THAT YOU AVATARLEE FOR MAKING A COMMENT BUT NOT REALLY ANSWERING THE SUBJECT.  STRANGE  BUT YOUR POST DID NOT HAVE A REPLY BOX VERY CONVENIENT. OH AS TO THE CAPS, I GUESS YOU TOO LIKE TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THOS ETHAT HAVE VISION PROBLEMS, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE WHAT FONT IS USED. EVER THINK OF THAT   NICE AVERAGE, BUT COULD THAT BE THE REASON WHY YOU AVOIDED THE SUBJECT?  I  JUST THINK CONSTANT 15-20 BELOW PARS SEEM STRANGE.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:49 AM

You're tugging on superman's cape there JM. If anybody's the epitome of success Lee is. Typing in caps in considered shouting. If you're that sight challenged hold the ctrl key down and scroll your mouse wheel. Or, if you don't have a mouse wheel hold the control button down and click the + or - key. 

15-20 below par for a master playing from the pro tees with master equipment is infinitely doable, just not the norm.

There was no reply option because the thread was locked-there was no reply option to your post either.

• JMPP
    28 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 9:59 AM
    I JUST ASKED A QUESTION AND HE SEEM TO AVOID IT, WITH A NON AMSWER. IT SURE WAS STRANGE HIS REPLY/POST DID NOT HAVE THE REPLY BOX. MUST BE A REASON FOR THAT. VERY INTERESTING. SO WHATS THE POINT OF COMPETING IN TOURNAMENTS IF YOUR NOT A MASTER, PROS AND AMATUERS ARE WASTING THERE TIME AS TO EVER HAVING A CHANCE TO WIN AS TO THE CAPS I ALWAYS USE THEM, IT'S WHATS BEST FOR ME AND I DON'T INTEND TO CHANGE. I'M NOT IN TO THE PC STUFF, BUT I THOUGHT CONSIDERATION WAS THE NORM NOW DAYS. I DONT REALLY CARE WHAT HE SAID, BUT TO HIM IT SEEMED MORE IMPORTANT TO REPLY ABOUT THE CAPS, THAN REALLY ANSWERING THE POST/QUESTION
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 10:11 AM

Whenever there is an unlimited play tourney that Masters can play from the White Tees, we get about a dozen or so threads JUST LIKE THIS BUT WITHOUT THE CAPS.

(Windows has a lot of accessability options build into it, the caps button is not one of them)

The scores in this game, even the super low ones, are a lot more realistic than the scores that players put up in that other online golf game..... would you rather have to compete with this leaderboard?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 10:46 AM

OMG, not only do they all look alike, but they're all wearing that same powder blue golf shirt.  I'll bet they all eat the same thing for breakfast and drive the same car.  Probably powder blue...

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 10:47 AM

... and LuAnFlo is looking very masculine.  Though the powder blue shirt does look better on her.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:00 AM

Okay, you want a real answer?  Here we go....

JMPP:
    ANY ONE BESIDES ME SUSPICIOUS OF THESE 15-20 BELOW PARS ON 18 HOLES OT 8-10 ON 9 I'M STARTING TO WONDER. PEOPLE LIVING HERE 24/7 OR????????????????????????????????

Or what?  Are 'they' cheating?  Is there some magical code or program or 'secret squad' that is in the favor of WGT?   No there is not..... Wait, let me put it in caps so you can read it.... NO THERE IS NOT!  It's call hard work and striving to do better than what you have done before.  Period.  I have been playing these to courses the ENTIRE time that they have been available, not to mention the Charity Challenge before this site opened.  I know the approach shots and greens BETTER than the back of my hand.  I have put in the time, which at this point is 735 ranked rounds and easily 3x more than that in practice/incompleted multiplayer/matchplay rounds.  My original answer to your question is out of frustration to every johnny-come-lately that comes on here and insists that because they can't do it.... no one should be able to.  I unfortunately seem to have become the brunt of these accusations, as I have been both directly and indirectly called out on the forums more than a few times lately.... and I'm getting very tired (read: F'N SICK) of it.  I now truly appreciate the plight of the best player on this site, and can very much understand his attitude in the twilight of his career here.  So I apologize for being 'cryptic' in my previous response, I was merely pointing out that when you've put as much time in as the other REALLY GOOD Masters, then perhaps you can comment on what is achievable by their standards.

As a post-script.... Golf is a game of integrity due to the etiquette that is mostly displayed by the common folk, it's what makes the game honorable.  There is also a certain etiquette to on-line communications, such as Caps lock means you're yelling!  To not follow these etiquettes, due to choice or ignorance, smears the forum in which you are participating, and only serves to make yourself look disrespectful of other individuals.  So please, take a few moments out of your day and acquaint yourself with some of the 'accessibility options' built into your windows operating system, or functions as posted previously on how to zoom into text in your browser.

I'm done.

/rant off

*sigh*

Oh and for the record, WGT administrator locked that previous thread.  Not me.  That is why you could not reply.

• jimgriff
    127 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:13 AM
    Take a deep breath--now another......now another....."God forgive them, for they know not what they do." Say it. And again....It really works! Thanks, Lee for being the great golfer you are, it's great to have heroes in every aspect of life and you are certainly one of the ones here. For those that are jealous of your good results, or frustrated in the own lack of abilities, you may be attacked from time-to-time. I hope you don't let it get to you. Keep havin' fun! With Great Respect,
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:27 AM

Here here!  

I feel your pain Lee, though I know not what it is with my pityful scores in comparison. 

I just know that its not rocket science to expect anyone who has played the same course a gazillion times not to get very good at them and yet all these newbs come here from Console games or wherever and post in ignorance.  Good old Tib had 1500 ranked rounds in I think, boy he must have been really sick of the courses too!  I feel your pain there too, again not really knowing it, but well you get my drift, no one will be happier to see St. Andrews come I'm sure, I got that from your Profile status...LOL 

Dont let em get to ya, we the real players here know who got to the top and how, hard work over many games and skill on a course! 

Great shooting Lee, hope I can tag along sometime to take notes. 

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 11:35 AM

The curse of the number one, I would call this :)

I specially like the part when he complains about not getting an answer from you. Does he think people have got nothing better to do than to answer every stupid thread on this site?

• PAGES
RSS