Help › Forums

Hitting Master 8.5 Driver Off Fairway ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:27 AM (6 replies)
  • dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 4:30 AM

Hi All,

Can anyone tell he whether this is possible ? When I was in the Pro rankings you certainly couldnt, just interested whether you can do it on the Master tier ??

Yeh I know - get out and practice it !!

Just wondering aloud :-)

Doug

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 5:03 AM

Punch it-no airtime but huge roll and no wind influence.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 5:26 AM

punch it ... Jim's right, no air time, but it will roll out to about 185ish ... not much of a gain other than the low flight.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 7:33 AM

When no one's looking stick a tee in the ground and tee the ball up.  I chuckle every time I find a tee left in the fairway at my home course...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:08 AM

Actually DMM...  Tee's in the course mean that someone behind us has hit into our group more than once per round.

The first time gets a pass...  everybody is allowed that one "OMG!  I whacked the HELL out of that one!!  Wow, I guess I better wait a bit longer today before I hit so I don't hit into the group ahead."

The second time you hit into our group, I'm setting your ball on a tee for you to find it....

The third time, I'm setting it on a tee and then sending it back to you...

If there's a fourth time, not only am i sending it back to you, but we'll have to meet and discuss it in the parking lot.... 

Usually, people get the hint on step two.  The smart ones.  Not always.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:25 AM

Snaike... up here in the Pacific Northwest we just replace the ball with a pink one we carry in our bags, for just that purpose.  Or we take the ball and leave a small note that the Sasquatch "was here".

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:27 AM

On the other hand, I'm so long off the tee nobody ever drives into me.  ;)

RSS