Help › Forums

Best Type of Lap-Top for w.g.t Golf

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 22 2021 4:30 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Steve2golf
    930 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 5:47 AM

Alienware all the way for me, If you need support, call support, Tell Dell that you have an alienware, and some guy is in your kitchen within 24 hrs fixing it. Alienware has special support with Dell without any extra payment for the support.

Spilled a coffee on mine, torched it, 24 hrs later, new screen, keyboard, HD, completely free. Of course I may not of mentioned the coffee.

3 times I had a guy in my kitchen because earlier versions had LCD hinge issues.

Warranty is up now and I had to fix the Fan by myself, not fun, get extended warranty and the guy coming to your Kitchen for a few more years.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:12 AM

royphillips1:
     l want To Buy a Good Gameing Laptop any Suggestions and Giudance would be most appreciated Guys.

One with a 64-bit OS and lots of RAM will fix you right up. I'm like Yoda with a Toshiba Satellite, going on 3 years now.  :-)

• royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 7:17 AM

one more Question for your Thoughts,  Single or Twin Core Processor  LapTops  ?

Thanks Guys Roy.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 8:12 AM

Roy,

I have a Toshiba Satelite L500. Had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Use with Google Chrome and Game Booster its perfect.

A nice big screen as well.

Mel

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2012 10:50 AM

Toshiba Satellite here too. No problems at all. USB laser mouse. Google chrome. Works great.

I was playing a round on my lunch break the other day at work (on our employee leisure wifi hotspot) and had a crowd watching me. Had to shut one guy up because he was yelling "in the hole!" every time I drew back to swing!! Shot a 33...  shmeh...

• Turnabout945
    85 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 10:57 AM

I have an IBM/Lenovo T60p.....this thing was about the best computer money could buy 4 years ago.  Mine has 2 GB of RAM, the Intel Core 2 Duo T2700 2.33 GHZ processor, 512 MB ATI Graphics card, Windows XP Pro, Google Chrome.  Someone mentioned killing their computer with a cup of coffee earlier in this thread, but IBMs are designed to withstand that kind of abuse.  I have almost no problems with my meter.  I've recommended that several people get one from these guys  http://www.laptopbroker.com/cheap_discount/laptops_notebooks/lenovo/34546-T60p-8743-CTO-2-33GHz-100G-2048M-DVDRW----WinXP-Pro-512

They've all been extremely happy.  while IBM/Lenovo is still the top laptop maker around, I'm not sure they make them quite like this anymore.  It's a TOTAL STEAL at $250.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 8:45 PM

The problems with the meter are on the computer side. Not that WGT has nothing to do.. but Once the game has downloaded what it needs,most is on your part, not WGT. I had a video card and had no meter problems for a long time, has had a few after it fried recently. was 6 under at Oakmont today, had perfect wind.... aggggrrrr, ruined my game.

• YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Fri, Oct 22 2021 4:30 AM

piztaker:

I’ve always liked A dell ;)

• PAGES
RSS