Forums

Help › Forums

Build Your Own Course

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 26 2023 5:15 PM (7 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 8:11 AM

A course editor was mentioned in another thread by Bimmerman50 which gave me this idea for a new feature.  Instead of designing your own courses and uploading to WGT, which AvatarLee correctly pointed out in the other thread would not be feasible, I submit it would be feasible to build your own course using existing holes!

The Course Builder feature would allow you to create your own 9 or 18 hole routing using any hole, any existing tee,  any existing pin location, from any existing course.

I'd see a click, drag and drop method to create your own course.  A list of available par 3s, 4s and 5s per existing course.  Click on one from KI, drag it to your new course scorecard, and drop it in hole #1 for example.  Click on another from BPB, drag it to your new course scorecard and drop it in hole #2.  And so on to complete your 9 or 18 hole course. Save it and give it an appropriate name. "Andyson's Aquatic Adventure" with only holes having water hazards could be one.  "Faterson's Fantastic Fantasy" for another.

Par for 18 could be anything from 54 to 90!  Create an executive style course with 16 par 3s and a couple of short par 4s (BPB #2 red tees and KI #3 red tees) for a par 56 course.

Play them only in practice mode of course.  Make them available to the public after trying them out.  Think of all the possibilities.  User originated tournaments on their own courses?  Could oppy come close to replicating Winged Foot using existing holes?? LOL

Since it takes WGT a long time to introduce new courses and pin locations the community is crying out for variety....we're bored.  This feature provides plenty of variety, something else for the community to do, and lots (probably) to talk about on the forums.  WGT could even allow players to rate your new course.

Second Idea along these lines: Build your own CTTH (I got dibs on the mulch behind KI #7)

• spaceghost88
    1,621 Posts
    Tue, May 9 2017 3:06 PM

Thanks Buddy We Miss Ya!

We are gonna make Andysons's Aquatic adventure in your honor sir, RIP friend your very missed here!

Update / 6-2-17 we built the Andyson's Aquatic Adventure course and just implemented it today, We miss ya buddy.

*Andyson's Tribute Custom Course* "see info page"

SG88

• spaceghost88
    1,621 Posts
    Fri, Jun 2 2017 2:27 PM

Update / 6-2-17 we built the Andyson's Aquatic Adventure course and just implemented it today, We miss ya buddy.

*Andyson's Tribute Custom Course* "see info page"

• rooftopp
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 11:56 AM

wheres the link on wgt to build a course ??

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 5:59 PM

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Jun 19 2018 6:20 PM

TopShelf2010:
    First and foremost, I got chills when I first opened this thread to reply and saw Dennis was the OP.

Oh ffs Don... me too, me too I tell thee!

Never ever seen this. As per usual Dennis was way, way ahead of wgt... years in this instance.

TopShelf2010:
    PS: We miss you Dennis

Indeed we do.

• Jerrodcaldwell53
    47 Posts
    Mon, Sep 25 2023 10:02 PM

So you have to buy the builder pass after every course you build for your club tourney's Jerrod Caldwell 53 Retired Old Golf Geeks.

Thank you

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Sep 26 2023 5:15 PM

Jerrodcaldwell53:
    So you have to buy the builder pass after every course you build for your club tourney's
    Not quite.

WGT says:

"One course builder is required to publish a tournament using a custom course."

So, you build courses for free (if you are entitled by your CC owner, and only ten per CC). It only "costs" a "Course Builder Pass" to publish any tournament on such course.

RSS