Forums

Help › Forums

New releases updated list! Get your speculation here....

Sat, Feb 6 2010 5:07 PM (8 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 9:20 AM

The product release list has been updated, some very interesting things on there actually:   

(Updated Feb 4) 

Coming Soon (30-60 days)    

St Andrews front 9 stroke play course
    "Elite Collection" luxury items for credit redemption
    Rental clubs

Online status color-coding

Roadmap Features

Match play improvements
    Ability to create and join groups
    Ability to save and share scorecards
    Private tournaments - set up your own tournaments
    Player reputation
    The Challenge at Lanai closest-to-the-hole course
    Multiplayer closest-to-the-hole game format
    Leaderboards for game statistics
    Shot-shaping and stance controls
    Up/Down/Side hill lies

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Some very good stuff on there for sure and many needed in a big way.  The ones in bold seem like new ones I never heard anything about before: 

"Elite Collection" luxury items for credit redemption

Rental clubs

Private tournaments - set up your own tournaments

I think at the least these spark 2 intriguing questions.

1.    Very interesting Rental clubs.  I am thinking this is their quick fix (in lieu of putting green and driving which might be harder to implement) so people can try out new clubs before they buy them?   Maybe thats wishful thinking not sure, what do other people think?  Why rental clubs?

2.     Elite collection I'd like to speculate on, I wonder what kind of interesting things you will be able to finally spend your credits on?  

--------------------------------------

The one big thing I would have liked to see is the back 9 of St. Andrews, since its not even on the road map, hopefully it is and they just inadvertenly left it off. 

Note WGT admin is free to chime in on any of these as well! 

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 10:03 AM

Wow, they´ve got my curiosity going with the elite collection stuff.

As for private tournaments, I wonder how that will work? I mean, you can more or less do that already if you want to, so what sort of facilities will they be giving?

Rental clubs... at last.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 10:41 AM

I'll speculate on private tournaments:

My thoughts are that the organizer will be able to set up single and multirounds based on any criteria he/she wants to provide.  Such as course conditions, 18 or 9 hole rounds, and time frames.  The tournament leader board will reflect the current state of the tournament.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 11:01 AM

MP CTTH would be sweet IF it opens up all the CTTH courses to multiplayer.

• raiderrob67
    70 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 11:39 AM
    seems we have heard alot of this stuff about"comeing in 30-60 day's"i will belive it when i see it.i hope it works out....and we are still waiting for a conced putt button.
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 12:25 PM

Multi-player CTTH and rental clubs (try before you buy) are terrific. I imagine the back 9 of St Andrews will follow the front 9 within another quarter. But all the other gimmicks can wait until at least 2 more courses arrive.Wolf Creek, Pinehurst, or any other of the CTTH courses would be great. Augusta National, Southern Hills, or East Lake Country Club would be terrific to play as well.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 12:40 PM

AlaCowboy:

Augusta National, Southern Hills, or East Lake Country Club would be terrific to play as well.

Hmmmmm....I wonder what state he is from?

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 12:55 PM

oppy:

AlaCowboy:

Augusta National, Southern Hills, or East Lake Country Club would be terrific to play as well.

Hmmmmm....I wonder what state he is from?

I lived in the Atlanta area for about 35 years before moving to north Alabama (God's Country). I have walked Augusta several times for the Masters. I have played East Lake many times since it's restoration and it is great.

Southern Hills is in Tulsa, Okla. I played it last fall and WOW!! A great, challenging course that will grab you if you get greedy.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 5:07 PM

AlaCowboy:

I lived in the Atlanta area for about 35 years before moving to north Alabama (God's Country). I have walked Augusta several times for the Masters. I have played East Lake many times since it's restoration and it is great.

Southern Hills is in Tulsa, Okla. I played it last fall and WOW!! A great, challenging course that will grab you if you get greedy.

Well Augusta would be great, although probably unrealistic, but I think we can do a little better than East Lake and Southern Hills. What we have to look at are public resort courses mostly right now. What comes to mind are Pacific Dunes, Pebble Beach, Whistling Straights (as much as I don't like it), Pinehurst No 8 No 2, Bandon Dunes, and TPC Sawgrass, among others.

RSS