Help › Forums

WGT on ESPN.com

Sun, Feb 7 2010 4:48 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 6:37 PM

05 Feb 2010

"WGT's Pinehurst No. 8 is featured on ESPN.com's list of free online games! We'd love your help giving WGT a high rating by scoring the game 10 out of 10 stars. Play some rounds, show them what you've got, and remember to give us a high rating. To rate the game, you will need to create an ESPN.com account if you don't have one already".

The meter at that site was as smooth as I ever saw it. It wouldn't let me create an account. Anyone else have this problem?

I can't get over how flawlessly smooth that swing meter was. It's one of those things that make you go, hmmm.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 7:04 PM

While I can agree the meter was smooth (for the exactly two holes I played), one has to wonder why WGT would choose a CTTH track to showcase on ESPN...

One would think that WGT isn't very proud of their stroke play courses.  At least as far as the "World Wide Leader in Sports" is concerned.

I'm guessing, since I don't know this for a fact, that there are LOTS of competitors for actual stroke play and very very few for CTTH... 

You're right Richard... things that make you go, "hmmmm".

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 7:25 PM

The meter on that site is the same meter on this site.  It's just a portal back to wgt through ESPN.  You can't create a new account because you already have the account here, but you're probably experiencing a smoother meter there because of the smaller window area.  Try reducing your window size here, you'll probably see similar results.

But you're right, I'm not sure why they just did CTTH.  Maybe just to give folks a taste and bring them directly into the site?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 4:52 AM

Because you can play a CTTH challenge a lot faster than a 9-hole round? (I shot a 500+ round in a couple of minutes without taking aim.)

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 5:52 AM

Richard4168:
    The meter at that site was as smooth as I ever saw it

That would be the Starter Club meter but I don't remember it being that smooth when I first started at WGT.

It was about as hard as the fast meter  before I got used to it.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 6:30 AM

I just played 5 straight rds on espn .Basically just grip and rip, default club and no aim. In my year at WGT I have never had so many consecutive DINGS in a row. Meter was flawless.   So smooth, not erratic whatsoever.  Not once did it ever speed up at the end or freeze 1/2 an inch from the ding line.  I would recommend to all of you to check it out .  Amazing.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 6:51 AM

salamii:
    I just played 5 straight rds on espn .Basically just grip and rip, default club and no aim.

That's interesting, because when I played the round there, I was automatically logged on to WGT with my usual avatar and advanced equipment. Saw no difference in how the game performed, even though I was playing the CTTH round in Opera. (I normally use Chrome.)

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 7:45 AM

Sorry I did forget to mention that I was using my master clubs and balls. The meter is 1000% smoother. Suddenly I'm a ding machine.  my 800+ rounds prove that my opinion has merit. I played using my normal browser.    Firefox.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 8:00 AM

Anything is possible, but, you know, it's just the WGT site displayed through a "hole" in an ESPN webpage, so... what you're saying is similar to saying, "It's been a sunny day!", but then you put on your sunglasses and say, "Wow, it's getting dark now!"    The differences may lie in the eye of the beholder.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Feb 7 2010 4:03 AM

salamii:

LOL Faterson, You are wrong again as usual. What you  just said is totally op posite of what I was saying, so...what I was saying is similar to saying,  "For the last year or so, we have been told that the meter issues were our problem, cause were just a bunch of idiots that don't know how to flash our cache!", but suddenly you get a mental Ding and realize, "Wow, if I flash a bunch of cash in WGT's face as ESPN has done, I can have a perfect meter!".

After the next patch there will be a new addition in the pro shop.  The ability to purchase a perfect meter in 9 different colors.  A 3-pac of meter's good for 54 holes for only 147 credits.  But you better make sure you have enough meter left in the same color, cause we all no how bad that could be.

"just-sayin"

It may be a flawless meter because you are playing through ES:PN's server and not WGT"S 

• PAGES
RSS