Forums

Help › Forums

I'm an old newbie

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:35 AM (5 replies)
  • SANTEESLIMHERE
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jan 23 2010 11:21 PM
    I never introduced myself to the WGT members back in May, 2009 so before the game makes me a total nervous wreck, Hello, everybody! I play sporadically, but have been finding the proper places to hit the ball, my biggest problem is clicking early or late on putts. When I get comfortable with that I'm sure I can shoot some really low scores instead of 2 or 3 under. SANTEESLIMHERE
  • Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 12:20 AM

Get the taylor made spider putter. I find the forgivness is really good. On a straight shot, I can miss the ding by quite a bit, and it still ends up in the hole. Just a suggestion.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Jan 24 2010 12:50 AM

If you are having problems hitting the white line, consider a "Good Miss", especially for long side hill putts...in other words, its better to miss left of the aim point for a right breaker or miss right of the aim point for a left breaker.  That's because a ball that breaks below the hole has no chance of going in.

Joey           

• SANTEESLIMHERE
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:29 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. Using the WGT starter set I've found getting extra yards means hitting either before or after the bar. However, I've had numerous rounds where my average to the hole is under 10 feet for eighteen holes and shoot 69. My putting here almost mirrors my putting when I was playing professionally 25 years ago, most of the time I get quick and pull putts. It's like the makers of this program had watched me play and wanted the laughs to continue. Haha! SANTEESLIMHERE
  • SANTEESLIMHERE
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 8:36 PM

Joey,  I've started experimenting with that process.  Knowing I'm pulling most putts I've started playing less or more break and then hopefully my reaction time, which is prior to the bar, continues.  It's frustrating hitting it close and then have total brain fade.  Thanks for the suggestion.   SANTEESLIMHERE

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 1:35 AM

If you are posting all those 18 hole scores with starter sticks and balls, we'll be in trouble if you decided to use the better toys (smile).

Joey   

RSS