Forums

Help › Forums

Why don't you just ban me?

Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:35 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:00 AM

This is a simple question directed to you WGT.You don't seem to want sensible solutions to the problems that the community has been speaking about.

I thought the point of the forum was to discuss the game and how it could be improved.When I post something that points out a problem my post is deleted.

The multi accounts are a problem here but doesn't seem to be a problem for WGT since they're spending money from all the extra accounts.There doesn't seem to be a reason for you yourself to uphold the "Terms & Conditions" of the WGT while the legal player is being penalized on a daily basis.It's as backwards as any other company that puts profit over it's customers.

I had high hopes when I invested a little money here at WGT that I could find a fair game of golf and a nice community forum.Instead I have seen disgusting forum abuse on a daily basis,multi accounts, and the banning of some of the most respectable people here for absolutely no reason,but I guess thats a priority.

I'm sure I will be penalized for this post but nothing you can do to me will hurt me as bad as watching this site go down hill,and fast.

I do have one suggestion---Get your priorities straight!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:26 AM

I think what has happened is this.

You have now been here for long enough that you have seen the entire site and it's idiosyncrasies. You can see the issues that are ongoing with the game and in the forums.

On the other hand you haven't been here long enough to see the progression that this site has gone through.

I think almost all of us have gone through what you are going through now....my advise...stick with it and you will see change for the better. There are growing pains with this site but it is progressing.

Happy hitting

stick around ....it's worth it 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:31 AM

Well I'm not saying its right but I see why they are deleting these kind of posts.

At this point, they know the problems and they know that WE know the problems. 

Too many posts of this type will just discourage new users from joining and spending money, which if it was my site, I wouldn't want either. 

Let's hope the next update will actually fix at least some of the issues because after waiting for the update if it doesnt work, there will be many unhappy customers. 

"fingers crossed"

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 4:32 AM

I'm not leaving.Thats why I suggested the ban if they want to get rid of me.

I know the site has improved from reading through the older post.Thats looks like the way to go.Post it in the forums and WGT will have a look at whatever problem is being discussed.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 5:27 AM

Deleting posts - been happening for a long time now

Multiple Accounts - same as above

I'm not quite sure why this is really bothering you.   We're all here to play a golf game.   The 2 items I mentioned have no bearing on your game.   We're all playing the same game under the same conditions.

Does it suck when you post a well thought out reply to a thread only to see it gone or locked?    Sure.   Does it effect the actual game itself?   No.

Multi accounts don't really concern me all that much at this point in time.   Some of these accounts are spending money, and if they are, they've contributed more financially to this game than I have.   In the end, I'll probably end up taking their credits anyway in RG tournys, which in turn may cause them to deposit more money into their accounts which in turn helps WGT. 

Bottom line is I'm here to play this game.   Posting on the forums is just a side thing that I do when I'm at work.   The forums could completely disappear tomorrow, and I'd still play the game (but I'd have to find something else to do at work, maybe even work itself).

edit:

And I'd like to add that the vast majority of threads that have been locked/deleted have dealt with issues that have been brought up many times before.   I haven't seen any groundbreaking new ideas here recently.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 5:40 AM

I support everything Larry says, of course. It was very disconcerting to see many politely, carefully worded on-topic posts deleted within the last 24 hours, and I don't mean just my contributions but posts by GITrDONE, Andyson, Dahoni50, AvatarLee, EllisSpice, on and on and on.

It is obvious there is no one to take proper care of these forums, so someone anonymous just hastily arrives here, deletes posts left and right, deletes threads left and right, and locks threads before the issue discussed in them is resolved.

And, of course, the truly offending posts are often allowed to stand. A particularly irksome habit is to lock a thread prematurely, while leaving the last word in that locked thread to one or more of the abusers, so that the abuse is allowed to stand, but defence / factual rebuttals get deleted. We've seen this happen in these forums so many times it doesn't just happen coincidentally or occasionally; it's a systemic flaw.

(See a plea I posted for standard forum moderation.)

PS: Larry, I'm sure it won't take long before this thread, too, is invaded by the usual horde of abusers (if it already hasn't happened, as you say), so that this thread will likely get deleted soon as well. There's no way out of this dilemma except having proper forum moderators who can pay proper attention to what's going on, blocking any suggestion of personal attacks.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 6:00 AM

a great quote which i have changed to suit  

"Life is not perfect and we all whine (even me), but you’re more likely to get some where if you think about things from a logical perspective instead of an emotional whiny perspective."

Larry i must admit i was surprised to read your post. but SCatcher is right. most of us have been through this stage in this game. 

I too have many complaints about the game. but as i've learnt in my short life so far (i'm 25) is that expectations can be a killer emotionally. 

"An expectation, which is a belief that is centred on the future, may or may not be realistic. A less advantageous result gives rise to the emotion of disappointment. If something happens that is not at all expected it is a surprise. An expectation about the behavior or performance of another person (WGT), expressed to that person (WGT), may have the nature of a strong request, or an order.

WGT at times, disappoint and will continue to disappoint. isn't that life? the way i see it is at the moment there isn't a golf game that even comes close to realism like WGT does(even in this beta stage). i have tigerwoods10 for PS3 and that is terrible. i shot a 50 on my 2nd round at Bethpage black and i just don't like playing it AND GUESS WHAT?. YOU HAVE TO PAY £39.99 RETAIL FOR IT!!! 

when i signed up to WGT i didnt know the full extent of the game. or that there was a community. i just googled "best online golf game" signed up because there is no download and I loved it right away. only when i saw that i could BUY upgrades did i use common sense and evaluate the game before buying. and even then i simply figured "hey, if i'm willing to pay £40 for a tigerwoods game when i haven't even tested it, then i can spend $20 on some upgrades here because i already like it and enjoy it"

in no way have WGT ever forced me into buying anything. they left it up to my own free will. and i had no problems paying out for clubs and balls. i knew farewell that it was money spent and not invested.

and another thing. now the ready go's pay out so well i've never had so many credits!!

if i have a problem with WGT i either email them or Log it in the Bug Log forum. but to be honest I'm not a beta tester so I'm here just enjoying a game that has a long way............ well i don't know what the end product is supposed to be but i guess it has a long way to go. sure there are many problems with the game but compared to what?? other golf games? which ones? 

is it me or is it pretty simple. don't have high expectations and evaluate why you are playing this game.

do you want a bug-less game? impossible 

do you want to be part of a wonderful golfing community spirit? impossible with the world we live in when people think they are better than the rest

do you want to compete with Tibbs, ALee, Niv? then play for a year , take notes of the courses and put the effort in.

do you want to have fun and play on the best on-line golf game to date with options to upgrade,meet good people and have the potential to win tournaments and prizes? i believe you are here.

my advice -

1. dont set your expectations to high on a business you know nothing about whether its the staff or the vision of the company.
    2. dont spend money on this game if you want more than what they are selling.
    3. have fun and chill out in life.

Have fun and that was just my 2 cents worth

ES

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 6:11 AM

eternalspirit:
    do you want to be part of a wonderful golfing community spirit? impossible with the world we live in when people think they are better than the rest

Not impossible if there is standard forum moderation helping everyone to move towards that (admittedly) unachievable ideal. And to delete the contributions of those who try to contribute positively, like Larry did yesterday (but his and others' posts got deleted), is certainly counter-productive and makes the situation worse than it could be at this stage. Nothing is ever ideal, but with due effort from the management, things can be steadily improving (instead of deteriorating).

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:42 AM

GITrDONE:
    if they want to get rid of me

c'mon don't flatter yourself, or buy into all the paranoia that is rampant around here (in regards to the game play itself and these forums) Just get yer self a foil hat!

They remove posts with a Chainsaw instead of a scalpel around here. They seem unable to remove single posts, instead they delete whole pages, or ALL posts after a certain point. It sucks. I have had some very positive posts deleted this way. I guess there just isn't a way around it.  If one of my posts gets deleted because the moderators are going after posts pimping the agenda of a certain , So be it

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 7:46 AM

There was a regular spammer on the boards yesterday. He came in early before WGT was working and posted 13 different points in almost all of the threads. Some of them looked legit and he was involved in what looked like a bash WGT on a couple of them , eliciting a few responses. Then he gave himself away and I sent along a note to WGT, again, before they got in. Meanwhile, the viral posts remained in the threads. When they finally got to it they deleted a lot of the threads, or portions of them, that involved this clown. Unfortunately some decent posts were deleted too but I think it was because if they had only deleted the viral posts the thread would be left making no sense, or fractured to the point of confusion. I was in the middle of re-reading one when it disappeared

• PAGES
RSS